Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD (although I expect somebody is already typing one of these faster than I can!)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Our potential handball penalty and the bottled red card completely edited out. Not even a mention of the dodgy ref/VAR decisions. Yes, I know we were outplayed, but even so..........................
Which is strange given other pundits seem to think the decisions for the 2nd and 3rd goals were contentious if not wrong. I thought the advert for MOTD mentioned it would analyse some VAR incorrect decisions but from your comments ours did not get discussed....Glad i didn't watch

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I assume that the main point of discussion on VAR on MOTD was the one where a Spurs goal was disallowed by the on-field linesman and VAR didn’t overturn it due to not realising that the original decision.

I won’t be watching MOTD this week!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I assume that the main point of discussion on VAR on MOTD was the one where a Spurs goal was disallowed by the on-field linesman and VAR didn’t overturn it due to not realising that the original decision.

I won’t be watching MOTD this week!
And Liverpool got a swift post-match apology because of human error leading a goal that was wrongly VARd off.

At the Spuds stadium - sounds familiar...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I couldn’t watch MOTD .... Having seen the the recorded highlights ( lowlights) it is clear that we played badly , however the ref did us no favours. One of theirs was offside, free kicks denied.... was the ref born in Brum?

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
The “story” of the game was what they showed .. the Watkins hatrick and the Villa work rate to turnover the ball. Dodgy decisions only in commentary . I’m never convinced that the commentary is all in real time as it always seems to contain a Prophetic line at the start of the games , but had the game finished 1-1 or we lost 1-2 then those decisions may have got more focus .. unfortunately for us that wasn’t the case …

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Yeah, much as I agree that there was no discussion of some of the more contentious moments in the match, given the time constraints they barely had time to show all the goals.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
And Liverpool got a swift post-match apology because of human error leading a goal that was wrongly VARd off.

At the Spuds stadium - sounds familiar...
Ah, so it was Liverpool that suffered, not Spurs?

I must’ve misunderstood the snippets from social media this morning. Like I said, I didn’t watch MOTD and wanted to pretend football wasn’t happening yesterday after about 2-30.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The VAR decision against Liverpool was an absolute nonsense. Made worse by the commentators finding ways to AGREE with the decision when anybody watching could see it was clearly wrong.

As for our coverage, I wasn't going to watch. But woke up on the sofa just as our match came on. So did. And I think we got off lightly, with all the discussion about how great Villa were (which they were) and nothing about how crap we were. Which was just fine by me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I couldn’t watch MOTD .... Having seen the the recorded highlights ( lowlights) it is clear that we played badly , however the ref did us no favours. One of theirs was offside, free kicks denied.... was the ref born in Brum?
I watched it. We looked poor. Some inexplicably loose passing and sleepy defending. There were of course bad decisions that didn't go our way, but that's not why we lost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here