Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Well that was a delightful hour of tele after working seven night shifts over christmas 😊 The annual awards ceremony, the cake topper, Clare Grogan swigging out a bottle, catching a salmon, it didn't disappoint 😁

It is true what he said though, Scotland never fails to disappoint. We did the North Coast 500 in 2022 and turning every corner it was 'wow', 'wow'... We even joked we needed to come up with a new word as wow just didn't seem to cut it, it was so breathtaking.

I'm glad they still talk about men's health in it, though it seems more about just getting old in general now. I truly hope Bob gets to be able to run again by the end of 2024.

It's nice to come away from watching a programme and just smiling. 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's nice to come away from watching a programme and just smiling..
...profusely sweating and screaming "spank me you Scotchish strumpet".

No?

Just me then!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It has its moments, some of it is really cringeworthy and tired but Ted is a highlight..and whilst I can't say I'm into fishing Paul makes fly fishing look truly beautiful in some of those locations, and I love that they release everything...I really like Paul, for me he makes the show.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Normally Bob falling over is funny, but after his discussion about muscle wastage I found it really rather sad. Stay well, Bob.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
It sometimes almost feels voyeuristic, that we’re watching two much loved figures of our younger years becoming increasingly vulnerable and human.

I have to be honest, I will watch it year on year until it stops being commissioned. Once born, we learn quite early that it’s a return ticket we’ve been issued. Most of us interested in watching this are probably on the return leg of the journey already.

I love the lack of bitterness in both of them, the knowledge of and acceptance of what’s coming for us all, we’re all just passing through.

Viewed wrongly, it’s a downer of a show for New Year’s Eve. Viewed through the correct lens, it’s perfect.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
It sometimes almost feels voyeuristic, that we’re watching two much loved figures of our younger years becoming increasingly vulnerable and human.

I have to be honest, I will watch it year on year until it stops being commissioned. Once born, we learn quite early that it’s a return ticket we’ve been issued. Most of us interested in watching this are probably on the return leg of the journey already.

I love the lack of bitterness in both of them, the knowledge of and acceptance of what’s coming for us all, we’re all just passing through.

Viewed wrongly, it’s a downer of a show for New Year’s Eve. Viewed through the correct lens, it’s perfect.

I never watched them in younger years, they never made it to the great southern land...I gues some of it relates to their earlier work, we'll be sitting on the sofa and Zef will be pissing himself laughing and I'll be wondering what the heck was so funny...but I like bits of it, two blokes gracefully negotiating life is what I see ...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
In terms of outright laughs NYE'S episode probably wasn't one of the best, but l think just seeing those two together l will always find funny.

As Bob would say, it warms my heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here