Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monza - Italian Grand Prix pre practice

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
looks like Jenson Button will shown the door at the end of this year,McLaren with a works Honda engine next year will be a very attractive seat

wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hamilton go back there
The rumours were swirling that McLaren have been sniffing around 'Nando again...sounds unlikely, but with Ferrari failing to give him a top car...

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Agreed.

I have been really impressed with Grosjean over the last couple of seasons, I reckon Vergne is another one who could shine in a top team. Kvyat as well, there are some excellent young drivers coming through. Bottas and Ricciardo have been the revelations this year though both putting their older more experienced team mates to the sword.

That's all pretty much spot on I think. It's very much a case of the newer generation starting to work their way through. In a few years time I wouldn't be surprised to see the title being fought over by them...hopefully still in Williams in the case of Bottas.
Ricciardo would give Hamilton a run if they were in the same car, however young verstappen (sp) could be interesting next season.
Indeed he could be. Alternatively he could be the next Petrov, thoroughly committed to finding new and impressive places to crash.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Interesting developments. Toto Wolfe of Mercedes says that if Hamilton and Rosberg continue to be unable to race together there will be a sacking. Hmm I wonder whether they'd sack the German driver in a German car rather than the Englishman?

On the track Hamilton pissed Pre Practice one and beat Rosberg by .8 of a second. Funnily Hamilton's car has now developed a problem and won't start so he hasn't come out for practice 2. Rosberg now tops the time sheets in practice 2 as Hamilton's car is dismantled. Can one driver really have all the bad luck or could there be more to it????

I just think Hamilton has been incredibly unlucky with reliability this year, maybe it's Rosberg's turn at the end of the season in the races. Lauda seems to favour Hamilton and has influence at Mercedes so I would imagine if one had to move it would be Rosberg. I also think Hamilton would give the team a higher profile from a sponsorship viewpoint.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Ricciardo would give Hamilton a run if they were in the same car, however young verstappen (sp) could be interesting next season.

yes,I thought Ricciardo would keep Vettel more honest than Webber,but he's exceeded all expectations

to,let's face it,comprehensively beat a 4 time world champion in his own car,is very,very impressive

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I'd like to see Vettel to Mercedes and Hamilton to Red Bull

I could see Vettel going to Mercedes,our very own Herr Tubs is more german than Rosberg and I think the baton has already been passed to Ricciardo at Red Bull

so I can't see Hamilton going there

Alonso looks comitted to winning a world championship in a Ferrari and I very much hope he does,leaves Hamilton with either staying at Mercedes or going back to McLaren

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Maldonado can't even look at the buttons on his steering wheel without crashing.If he didn't have £30 miilion in sponsorship money he'd be nowhere near an F1 car.
Slightly suprised JEV has been been dropped for young Verstapen but I guess he's had long enough to prove himself within the Red Bull / Toro Rosso stable.
Next year could be very interesting depending on how well Honda have been developing their engine. Were it not for the fact that they are putting it in a McLaren (see how badly they've done with the best engine this year) they could certainly be in the mix.

it does make you wonder how he ever won the Spanish grand prix

quite possibly the worse driver to ever win a grand prix

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here