Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monkey Tennis League - Rangers fritter away £67M since reformation.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A mates cousin plays for them ,he left Queen of The South last summer where he was Top Scorer in the 3rd tier on £250 a week .Sheff utd ,Tranmere and Walsall were looking at him,but he took the £4000 a Week Rangers offered him and dropped back to the 3rd tier.Don't blame him for taking the money ,but that is a lot for 3rd tier in Scotland.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
A totally different world to the pampered overpaid wusses that play in the upper leagues in Europe.
What's the average wage of a player in Malta?I saw 10663 saw Valletta clinch The League Saturday,Yet the dead rubber Sliema v Hibs attracted 160 Thursday Night.Looking forward to The Cup Final Thursday if it's on TV Malta.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A mates cousin plays for them ,he left Queen of The South last summer where he was Top Scorer in the 3rd tier on £250 a week .Sheff utd ,Tranmere and Walsall were looking at him,but he took the £4000 a Week Rangers offered him and dropped back to the 3rd tier.Don't blame him for taking the money ,but that is a lot for 3rd tier in Scotland.

That would be a lot for the 3rd tier in England, where all the players are full time professionals. For the MTL it's utterly ludicrous.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What's the average wage of a player in Malta?I saw 10663 saw Valletta clinch The League Saturday,Yet the dead rubber Sliema v Hibs attracted 160 Thursday Night.Looking forward to The Cup Final Thursday if it's on TV Malta.

It will be on TVM I think - Not sure what they earn but there are are lot of African and Eastern Europeans playing.The standard is nearer to Ryman league than Football league.

Are you sure about that attendance?
There is usually only 3-4 thousand at Ta' Qali. I see more people at the Malta Rugby international matches.

Probably more Manure fans in Malta than Valletta fans :(

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

It will be on TVM I think - Not sure what they earn but there are are lot of African and Eastern Europeans playing.The standard is nearer to Ryman league than Football league.

There is usually only 3-4 thousand at Ta' Qali. I see more people at the Malta Rugby international matches.

Just you or any other Albion supporters in Malta? By the way the wife and I have visited Malta twice and love the island and it's history.:thumbsup:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Yep 10663 seen the Highlights West Stand and Millenium Stand were packed even opened The South and North Stands.Having watched many games in Malta down to Division 3 Siggewi v Attard being the lowest at Mosta's ground ,i know it's poor but at least you can have a beer while watching.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Yep 10663 seen the Highlights West Stand and Millenium Stand were packed even opened The South and North Stands.Having watched many games in Malta down to Division 3 Siggewi v Attard being the lowest at Mosta's ground ,i know it's poor but at least you can have a beer while watching.
PM me before you come over next ? perhaps we can meet up and have a pint?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
That would be a lot for the 3rd tier in England, where all the players are full time professionals. For the MTL it's utterly ludicrous.
He scored 8 times in 18 games in an injury hit season ,including one 30 seconds into his debut where he was listed as A Trialist.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just you or any other Albion supporters in Malta? By the way the wife and I have visited Malta twice and love the island and it's history.:thumbsup:

I think I may be the only seagull in Malta. I am trying to convert them but it's not easy :)

I had a couple of people say they would convert if we got to the premiership!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here