Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Mobile phone advice

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
My 3 yo Samsung A10 is getting full and slow and I'm looking for a midrange replacement. I want a SD card slot and preferably a FM radio. Android much preferred. Max price £500. Any tips please? Cheers.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My 3 yo Samsung A10 is getting full and slow and I'm looking for a midrange replacement. I want a SD card slot and preferably a FM radio. Android much preferred. Max price £500. Any tips please? Cheers.

Samsung A52s 5g all day long. Prices on this should also drop a little as A53 just come out . The A53 has a marginally bigger battery but otherwise its barely an upgrade and it doesn't have a headphone jack .

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Samsung A52s 5g all day long. Prices on this should also drop a little as A53 just come out . The A53 has a marginally bigger battery but otherwise its barely an upgrade and it doesn't have a headphone jack .

Thanks - what's the call quality like as I seem to get worse reception in my house than the iphone owners?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
FM radio blimey didn’t realise phones still had them

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thanks - what's the call quality like as I seem to get worse reception in my house than the iphone owners?

Call quality is fine but of course that will be more dependent on what network you are on and what its like in your area. On that point do your homework on network reception in your area . I have an excellent sim only rolling 1 month contract with Smarty which runs off the Three network . £10 a month, unlimited text & calls, free 5g and 30gb of data ( currently doubled to 60 for 12 months)

Be wary of phones on Amazon that seem well below the average asking price . Lots of them will not be UK versions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here