[Albion] Michael MacIntyre new talkshow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have always looked a the guests and decided not to bother.

First one was Terry Wogan ffs and I've checked the latest on iplayer and its Gary Barlow.

Similar theme throughout the series add to the fact that McIntyre has had his bit of fame and is just not funny.

No thanks

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
’Cause you, you sit at home, don’t you, all of you, watching Michael McIntyre on the television, spoon-feeding you his warm diarrhoea.

- Stewart Lee

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think we all should team up and produce a comedy act too. If we follow the principles of Mcintyre and Miranda Hart but acting like baffoons and talking like goofballs we could all be rich off the population's awful sense of humour.

Oh Christ Miranda?! Look at me look at me I'm fat and ugly but it doesn't matter because I'm so full of beans!!! Why don't you just do one luv!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Like any comedian McIntyre may not be to everyones taste, but you don't get to where he is by "not being funny". I think some of the observational humour in his standup routines is top notch. I've not bothered with his chat show yet, but its clearly not supposed to be a series of revealing, thought-provoking or probing interviews is it. What do you want, Frost / Nixon ? Its just light entertainment. Same as Graham Norton. Same as Jonathan Ross. They've carved long, successful careers out of what they do because their shows, over the years, are (whisper it)....

....quite popular.

Lighten up. You want serious interviews, turn over to Newsnight.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Like any comedian McIntyre may not be to everyones taste, but you don't get to where he is by "not being funny". I think some of the observational humour in his standup routines is top notch. I've not bothered with his chat show yet, but its clearly not supposed to be a series of revealing, thought-provoking or probing interviews is it. What do you want, Frost / Nixon ? Its just light entertainment. Same as Graham Norton. Same as Jonathan Ross. They've carved long, successful careers out of what they do because their shows, over the years, are (whisper it)....

....quite popular.

Watch it and you'll realise what everyones talking about

....quite popular.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Is it alright if I can hate the man ? He is just plain unfunny and the comedy is only "funny" for young children and families.

Put him up against Alan Carr in the chatshow battle and Macintyre gets slaughtered, and I seriously dont like Alan Carr either - bases all his comedy on being gay and not good looking.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Is it alright if I can hate the man ? He is just plain unfunny and the comedy is only "funny" for young children and families.

Put him up against Alan Carr in the chatshow battle and Macintyre gets slaughtered, and I seriously dont like Alan Carr either - bases all his comedy on being gay and not good looking.

Its OK to hate him. I also hate will.I.am and that doosh lead singer from the kieser chiefs atm

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Basically, you hate The Voice - and that is ok. The first part of that show is good, but then it kind of turns into the X Factor.

Both shows are pretty tragic IMO but saw him on soccer am n he was a right tw*t same as that jack o connel bloke from skins, he ruined the new 300 movie!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports