Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Mexico over 50,000 people killed each year by drug cartels .

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
From statista.com

Bear in mind these figures are registered deaths , a significant number are not registered , hence comfortably over 50,000 a year .

Published by Teresa Romero, Apr 27, 2022
In 2021, a total of 43,964 homicides were registered in Mexico, 699 murder victims more than the death toll reported a year earlier. The number of homicides in Mexico, including intentional homicides and cases of manslaughter, grew between 2015 and 2018, before plateauing around 44,000 victims per year.
But didn't you say it came from the Daily Mail ?
Big article in the daily mail yesterday . All the stats on there . I haven’t made it up !

You seem to have given a link to the 'Our research and content philosophy' page of some company that gathers statistics ?
I've looked through all their stuff and can find the line you quote but it is talking about total homicides and manslaughter, nothing to do with drug cartels :shrug:

Unless of course, Mexico has no domestic violence or violence of any sort, apart from drug cartels.

Anyway, bored now and without any evidence to the contrary despite you having multiple attempts to try and find some, I'll simply assume the thread title was made up for some reason that you thought was worthwhile :bigwave:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've travelled extensively in Mexico and never once been killed.

I know you like the less popular cuts of meat, so what about eating hearts in cannibal initiation ceremonies?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I know you like the less popular cuts of meat, so what about eating hearts in cannibal initiation ceremonies?

I'm quite partial to a chicken heart. Beef too. I imagine human lies somewhere between the two so I'd give it a go given the right circumstances.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
Its a language and heritage thing, my Spanish friend says that their news is the other way around.

Anyone who has seen the Cartels antics on Live Leak or similar probably wouldn't even visit a resort just in case.
And to be fair, everytime there’s a shooting in the US, it doesn’t make the news over here. In- most times it doesn’t.
Indeed it does, in fact the British summer is my favourite day of the year.
best day of the year by a mile!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm quite partial to a chicken heart. Beef too. I imagine human lies somewhere between the two so I'd give it a go given the right circumstances.
I love a bit of Offal. I'm of the opinion that if you're going to eat meat (which I have since 1984), then saying I'll eat this bit but not that bit is not very ecological. I think I may have some french genes.

Can we now merge this thread with the restaurant 2023 thread and get rid of this completely uncorroborated title :wink:

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
Can we now merge this thread with the restaurant 2023 thread and get rid of this completely uncorroborated title

I cannot believe you have spent so much time googling in an attempt to prove that a poster "made up" a thread title. So what if he/she did. It's hardly the end of the world is it?

You are one sad, irritating SOAB.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I cannot believe you have spent so much time googling in an attempt to prove that a poster "made up" a thread title. So what if he/she did. It's hardly the end of the world is it?

You are one sad, irritating SOAB.
About 90 seconds combined with a similar IQ :shrug:

You seem to have already made up your mind though, have we met before ? :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here