Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Met Police placed in special measures

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Isn't this just Priti Patel taking a swipe at the London Mayor, who has been given all the responsibility but none of the power? ???

"Home Secretary Priti Patel said: “I expect the police to get the basics right. It is clear the Metropolitan Police Service is falling short of these expectations which is why I support the action that HMICFRS has taken today to highlight their failings – and I expect the Met and the London Mayor to take immediate action to begin addressing them."

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Isn't this just Priti Patel taking a swipe at the London Mayor, who has been given all the responsibility but none of the power? ???

"Home Secretary Priti Patel said: “I expect the police to get the basics right. It is clear the Metropolitan Police Service is falling short of these expectations which is why I support the action that HMICFRS has taken today to highlight their failings – and I expect the Met and the London Mayor to take immediate action to begin addressing them."

Didn't he take the first step in getting rid of Cressida Dick against the approval of Priti Patel?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn't he take the first step in getting rid of Cressida Dick against the approval of Priti Patel?

Yes he did. Not just me, then, that sees this as not quite all that it is being dressed up to be, perhaps. :thumbsup:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
All of the 'investigations' that are happening at the moment are going to have happy endings, since we have a government that doesn't want a bad word said against them. They can then say it's been investigated, so just draw a line under it and move on.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
All of the 'investigations' that are happening at the moment are going to have happy endings, since we have a government that doesn't want a bad word said against them. They can then say it's been investigated, so just draw a line under it and move on.

This.

“Investigations” are being used merely as a tool to shut us up.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
- Is it an emergency ?

- No idea, let me ask him.

Experienced a similar situation, wirh a paramedic outfit, who were called out to my wife for chest pains.
After the checks were carried out in the ambulance and nothing could be found, one of the medics asked her if she wanted to go to hospital

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Experienced a similar situation, wirh a paramedic outfit, who were called out to my wife for chest pains.
After the checks were carried out in the ambulance and nothing could be found, one of the medics asked her if she wanted to go to hospital

This is based on the ethos that “the patient knows their own body better than anyone”.

If their obs come back normal, they are not substance affected and they have capacity, they are given the choice to be taken to hospital ifthey feel that they really aren’t right.

Given that the paramedics could potentially have to wait in an ambulance with the patient for the next 6 hours, it’s either an incredibly kind practice or an incredible waste of everyone’s time .

Most to the time they would be advised to see their GP asap if they feel they need further investigation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is based on the ethos that “the patient knows their own body better than anyone”.

If their obs come back normal, they are not substance affected and they have capacity, they are given the choice to be taken to hospital ifthey feel that they really aren’t right.

Given that the paramedics could potentially have to wait in an ambulance with the patient for the next 6 hours, it’s either an incredibly kind practice or an incredible waste of everyone’s time .

Most to the time they would be advised to see their GP asap if they feel they need further investigation.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

The whole debate on this in the Commons yesterday was a sham and well worth watching back. The circulated statement from Kit Malthouse provided to the Labour benches and the Speaker was completely different to the one he actually read out (something for which he was forced to apologise for), and contained a whole stream of political attacks on Sadiq Khan (the only additions were these attacks). The Tory back benchers' questions were then almost entirely political attacks on the mayor. Malthouse accepted zero responsibility and couldn't stop bigging himself and his achievements up as Deputy Mayor (under Johnson of course). It was ****ing shameful. Yvette Cooper even asked to see when the questions to the backbenchers were circulated by the advisors, to see if Malthouse has been telling the truth when he claimed the addidtions to the statement really were last minute and solely because its something he is oh so passionate about, and not a pre planned move.

I don't know how they are going to explain it when other forces go into measures, they can't exactly blame Khan for that.

**** the Tories.

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Yes he did. Not just me, then, that sees this as not quite all that it is being dressed up to be, perhaps. :thumbsup:

Yes like the Sussex Police Commissioner going on TV a few weeks back screaming that the Met were trying to pinch her best officers by offering better pay and conditions, and that all the local Police Commissioners like in Hants would support her. All the Tory-elected ones that is...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here