Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mcallister get your arse back here

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I think giving him 2 weeks off was a mistake, couple of managers already saying players coming back from WC are not as sharp as those that stayed behind. When I saw RDZ say he can come back when he wants, he will be back when he misses his football I thought it was an extraordinary thing to say? … missing the Charlton and Southampton games was fair enough but my view was and still is it was a mistake to not have him back in training in time to at least come on against Arsenal, if not start.
It was a mistake to leave Caicedo on to get that card and I’m not looking forward to seeing how we do without either of them

I’m hoping he doesn’t return with his agent and a transfer request

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
None of the Argentinian Atletico Madrid players played a single minute yesterday.

Anyway, not Alexis Mac Allisters fault that the club gave him two weeks off. If you want to blame anyone, blame RDZ or whoever made the call.
I,m not blaming anyone in particular Swanny , as I don't know what idiot decided an extra two weeks off ( minimum ) was a good idea...?

What I do know is that I pay £650.00 a season for my Season ticket. How much does the average Argentinian pay..?? Probably the same as pay to watch England ( i.e. ....f*** all . ). I expect the club to EXPECT their employee to be available when required. Two weeks minimum holiday on top of the close season is bloody ridiculous.

At the end of the day, football for the players is a job....nothing more, nothing less. Sadly , even worse in the Premier League.

I expect better from McAllisters employers.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I,m not blaming anyone in particular Swanny , as I don't know what idiot decided an extra two weeks off ( minimum ) was a good idea...?

What I do know is that I pay £650.00 a season for my Season ticket. How much does the average Argentinian pay..?? Probably the same as pay to watch England ( i.e. ....f*** all . ). I expect the club to EXPECT their employee to be available when required. Two weeks minimum holiday on top of the close season is bloody ridiculous.

At the end of the day, football for the players is a job....nothing more, nothing less. Sadly , even worse in the Premier League.

I expect better from McAllisters employers.
I expect his employers are trying to keep him sweet so that he doesn't put in a transfer request...

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I expect his employers are trying to keep him sweet so that he doesn't put in a transfer request...
It's not McAllister they need to keep sweet, as always it their blood sucking agents.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
elite level sport is all about the one and two percenters. Getting someone back against their will could see him well below his best, let alone only a couple of percent worse. Yes he is our employee but do we think he would be more likely to stay with us if we insisted he came straight back or if we have him some slack?

He could not have expected to be starting all but one matches and coming back a star man from the World Cup final. He is a young guy, he has reached the highest moment any player can have in their career. That takes time to get used to. I can’t see a world where getting back to rainy Brighton away from family and friends would be the best place. He is getting it out of his system and hopefully come back refreshed and feel he owes the club.

I see his situation as different to players who knew they were first choice etc. He went from being pretty unknown to wider football community and has come back a global superstar. Give the lad time.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I.e his dad
And uncle…. Always a worry when you see quotes like today’s - not considering Juve etc. A bit like politicians saying they haven’t considered running for leadership etc

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think giving him 2 weeks off was a mistake, couple of managers already saying players coming back from WC are not as sharp as those that stayed behind. When I saw RDZ say he can come back when he wants, he will be back when he misses his football I thought it was an extraordinary thing to say? … missing the Charlton and Southampton games was fair enough but my view was and still is it was a mistake to not have him back in training in time to at least come on against Arsenal, if not start.
It was a mistake to leave Caicedo on to get that card and I’m not looking forward to seeing how we do without either of them

I’m hoping he doesn’t return with his agent and a transfer request
Would they be the ones who perhaps didnt play?…with MacA…he played all the games bar one and i think two involved ET …I doubt he will fall into the Kelvin Phillips bracket….although i now understand Pepsi has backtracked and now things he has a sexy body 👀

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Or, and I think I may have bored everyone with this thought earlier in the thread, they think he was an integral part of our 14 games pre WC, then played 6 games in what must have been fairly energy sapping conditions, including 2 extra time jobs, at the WC, so maybe a couple of weeks off is just the ticket before launching into our 20+ remaining league games and a long run into the latter stages of the FAC. (That last bit may be wishful thinking)!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I did a car race a few years back, pole position, won the race, and fastest lap. It was even reported in AUtosport.

I went to work MOnday as well. . . We must be doing something wrong.
I won with my wonderful partner our companies mixed darts champs in 1979….. Back at work the following day…Times have changed.

( double 10 in the deciding leg btw )

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here