Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He has taken his medical according to SSN.

Think we paid £4M for him, so no sell on profit for Pompey. (Swings and Roundabouts)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The fee we paid is long, long since amortised. I understand fees were involved in prior loans as well as the paying of the player’s wages. This is just a bonus £2.25m (if that indeed is the agreed fee). We’re definitely up on this deal.

Good luck Matt, thanks for your efforts and good luck in the future.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The fee we paid is long, long since amortised. I understand fees were involved in prior loans as well as the paying of the player’s wages. This is just a bonus £2.25m (if that indeed is the agreed fee). We’re definitely up on this deal.

Good to see someone financially literate positing. I suspect we’ll have a fat sell-on percentage too although that was little use with Cook.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

He’s in the final year of a 4 year contract, so 75% of the fee has amortised over the last 3 years. Asset value probably still about 1m if the 4m fee we paid is correct.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He’s in the final year of a 4 year contract, so 75% of the fee has amortised over the last 3 years. Asset value probably still about 1m if the 4m fee we paid is correct.

I accounted for the loan fees being higher pro-rata than the rate of amortisation.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
MOM on his debut for Middlesbrough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here