indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Butter and whisk, yes whisk!

IMG_0250.jpeg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Galton Blackiston has a recipe for olive oil mash. It’s absolutely bloody delicious but, relatively speaking, is a bit of a ball ache for something as straightforward as mash. Guess that’s how you get Michelin stars though.

seagurl

Mar 21, 2012
Frozen mash potatoes. It's the bees knees as far as I'm concerned. Add a little extra butter if needed. One of the few ready prepared foods I'm willing to buy

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I love mash . . . It very much depends on the potato though

fresh spuds from the allotment don't need anything more than boiling in salted water, draining to dry then a light mash

old supermarket spuds rarely get close to that flavour.

once you start adding things its very much to individual tatse, so you're adding a different flavour and playing with texture.

I always cook too many spuds and use them chopped for salads and mashed to fry for breakfast on a Sunday.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I love mash . . . It very much depends on the potato though

fresh spuds from the allotment don't need anything more than boiling in salted water, draining to dry then a light mash

old supermarket spuds rarely get close to that flavour.

once you start adding things its very much to individual tatse, so you're adding a different flavour and playing with texture.

I always cook too many spuds and use them chopped for salads and mashed to fry for breakfast on a Sunday.
Or in bubble the following day!!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
Regardless of how you cook your spuds, or what other ingredients you add, I'd recommend using a Kitchen Aid/Kenwood or similar to gently cream the mash. Use the k beater on a slow setting, and throw in all your other stuff whilst it's rotating.

For the record, I gently boil desiree potatoes with lots of salt and a bit of garlic, then add butter and double cream in the mixer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here