Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Manchester bombing report.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
It's taken a while, but i simply don't understand why the emergency services don't get stuck in as opposed to a stand back situation? I rest my case on this unless facing impossible odds if you're family, friends or even people who you didn't know were involved in a situation where they required help wouldn't you try your best to help?

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Tbf, if I was present in that situation I would wonder is this a "marauding" terrorist attack (with multiple assailants moving through the location like in the London attacks) or is there a second bomb waiting to detonate after rescue services have moved in? (which has happened many times abroad). It's all too easy to judge after the event when it is then known that it's a single bomber, at the time the situation is unknown and very confusing (obviously). So, imho, yes it is understandable but I would still question why more individuals didn't say "sod it I'm going in to help" (as we would hope we would) but then again we people tend to act like sheep and follow orders, especially if it keeps you yourself safe. A very sad situation and particuarly so considering the audience at that type of concert, such a cowardly act and achieved nothing at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here