Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Mainland Europe gripped by a heatwave

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thank the lord it doesn't effect us, any more!

Temperatures in Vysokaje, Belarus, would normally hover around zero at this time of year. On Sunday they reached 16.4C, beating the country’s previous record January high by 4.5C.

Elsewhere on the continent, local records were broken at thousands of individual measuring stations, with nearly 950 toppled in Germany alone from 31 December to 2 January, Herrera said.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ski season starting to turn into a disaster across Europe.

The win of all this mild weather is tumbling natural gas prices, now below what they were at the start of the war, should hurt Putin's coffers. Domestic bills won't fall here till April at the earliest, ie after the heating season

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
We hit 17 degrees in Prague on NYE, it's very strange. I'm a bald man, I shouldn't be able to go out hatless in Prague on 31 December.

On the plus side, I'm not suffering with the "January blues" I usually struggle with this time of year. Aside from the uneasy sense that "this ain't right", I'm actually feeling as energetic as I usually do when spring hits.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
Currently in Espoo, Finland and it's going to be -15 on Friday and there's snow everywhere - strange reading about a heatwave as it's cold here!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
who do you work for...?? such a dramatic thread title ....but;

Attachments

• FldTgu0XgAAKZFd.jpeg
    FldTgu0XgAAKZFd.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 29

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
who do you work for...?? such a dramatic thread title ....but;
So yes it is unseasonably warm then! I saw a friend on Facebook is out in Bulgaria today in just a T-shirt!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The win of all this mild weather is tumbling natural gas prices, now below what they were at the start of the war, should hurt Putin's coffers. Domestic bills won't fall here till April at the earliest, ie after the heating season

We lucked out with good snow skiing conditions before Xmas.

Rain came on the 23 December, gradually washing away snow up to 2,000m across much of the Alps especially France, but it's been raining up to 2,700m. Some villages have got bugger all, but for PR purposes those webcams are often mysteriously not working. Temperatures typically 13c and above zero at night.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London

Going away mid Feb, hope it gets cold again before then.
Funny how the gas prices in the UK are still high when they're at an all-time low...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Going away mid Feb, hope it gets cold again before then.
Funny how the gas prices in the UK are still high when they're at an all-time low...
1. It's a long, long way from an all-time low (10 year chart below).

2. We know that consumer prices are set every three months, so the falling price could give hope that the next price cap adjustment will be in our favour for the first time in quite a while,

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 15.47.59.png

Jul 7, 2003
Currently in Espoo, Finland and it's going to be -15 on Friday and there's snow everywhere - strange reading about a heatwave as it's cold here!
Any particular reason why you are in Espoo? Was supposed to be there for a meeting a few months back but had to drop out due to COVID. Expect to visit at some point in the next couple of months so any pointers welcome.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Skiing in St Martin de Belville on the 20th and starting to get a bit fidgety now.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
hopefully the big guns will have made enough profit over the last 6 months to throw the dog a bone ......robbing bastards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here