A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He’s bagged himself a great job. Pleased for him, he’s a nice lad.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Will mean he’ll formally announce his retirement from Cricket (and Sussex).

If true, I’d like to say what a fantastic player Wright was for Sussex. A true legend and the last cog from the formidable CC side that won it back to back. Of the twelve first XI honours Sussex have, Wright was part of 8 of them. Phenomenal franchise cricket record too.

I thought Wright was contracted for 1 final season. I know last year didn’t go to plan, and was ended early by an injury but I thought he would be given a final year. Perhaps he was, as Wright certainly gets to bow out on his own terms. If that is to leave now for this job opportunity, the fans will understand and wish him the best of luck.

Good luck Luke and thank you for the memories on the field.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

If true, I’d like to say what a fantastic player Wright was for Sussex. A true legend and the last cog from the formidable CC side that won it back to back. Of the twelve first XI honours Sussex have, Wright was part of 8 of them. Phenomenal franchise cricket record too.

I thought Wright was contracted for 1 final season. I know last year didn’t go to plan, and was ended early by an injury but I thought he would be given a final year. Perhaps he was, as Wright certainly gets to bow out on his own terms. If that is to leave now for this job opportunity, the fans will understand and wish him the best of luck.

Well said

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

9 if you include bowling for Leicestershire on that day when it all came true.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Will be sad to see him leave, but what a great opportunity for him.
Along with Mike Yardy leaving the Academy after just one year, its been a bit of a downer the last few days.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
What an amazing servant he's been. Wish him all the best for his new role.

Interesting that in the announcement on the club website they refer to Kirtley as 'Sussex Coach'. Maybe he's being kept on but not as head coach?

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
What an amazing servant he's been. Wish him all the best for his new role.

Interesting that in the announcement on the club website they refer to Kirtley as 'Sussex Coach'. Maybe he's being kept on but not as head coach?

The club advertised for a new HC at the beginning of October, as they are reverting back to a single HC format. As far as Im aware, Kirts is staying on as bowling coach.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
One of our finest ever players, and the last connection to the golden years.
That said, he was going through the motions last season, so this is a good move all round.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The club advertised for a new HC at the beginning of October, as they are reverting back to a single HC format. As far as Im aware, Kirts is staying on as bowling coach.
He is - it's mentioned in this Telegraph piece. It's a good read - I didn't know about the reason for the Salisbury/Carson spat: it explains a lot

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
He is - it's mentioned in this Telegraph piece. It's a good read - I didn't know about the reason for the Salisbury/Carson spat: it explains a lot

Well that was an interesting read. As a parent of someone within the club its raised an eyebrow or two I must say....

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well that was an interesting read. As a parent of someone within the club its raised an eyebrow or two I must say....
A good read but no surprises, other than when consolidated it looks like Andrew and Greenfield have a lot to answer for. The profitable land development of the Cricketer pub was a gift that Martin Perry could have achieved before breakfast

Last edited:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Grim reading

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here