Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Looking for a builder/fencer not sure really? Shoreham area

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hi all

I'm looking for an urgent job at Sully's

The patio is unguarded and has a drop of around 2 to 3 foot to the grass. There's steps down in the middle. Kim, Sully's wife is concerned he may topple off the patio so it needs suitable fencing. Something in keeping but to stop any further issues.

Is there anyone out there who can help. This is being funded and will be directly paid for.

Please help if you can.

Also I may need an electrician to wire in a built in cooker.

Thanks

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I might be able to help with the oven, need a few more details is it a straight swap? Double oven? Are supplies in place?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I might be able to help with the oven, need a few more details is it a straight swap? Double oven? Are supplies in place?

PM sent

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

There's supply etc. The existing one was a plug in. Best info if you can call me Re: PM

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Come on you builders let's be avenue

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hello

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Mate I would love to do it
But stacked out until mid October

From my recent experience it's not just you.

For the last six weeks we have been trying to find a builder willing to quote for the demolition of our existing house, site clearance and foundations/drainage for the new house. I've lost count of the number approached, out of which only two have made a site visit, from who i have not heard anything further despite numerous emails and calls.

Incredibly frustrating. The new house is being factory built and will be erected on site, including windows and roof, but will still need to be brick and wood clad as well as all internal work, plumbing, electric, kitchen, bathrooms etc. enough work to keep a small/medium builder busy for the best part of a year. I have obviously been naive in thinking that my worst problem in finding a builder would be choosing one I could trust.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
From my recent experience it's not just you.

For the last six weeks we have been trying to find a builder willing to quote for the demolition of our existing house, site clearance and foundations/drainage for the new house. I've lost count of the number approached, out of which only two have made a site visit, from who i have not heard anything further despite numerous emails and calls.

Incredibly frustrating. The new house is being factory built and will be erected on site, including windows and roof, but will still need to be brick and wood clad as well as all internal work, plumbing, electric, kitchen, bathrooms etc. enough work to keep a small/medium builder busy for the best part of a year. I have obviously been naive in thinking that my worst problem in finding a builder would be choosing one I could trust.
Hope you get sorted soon can understand your frustration
Recession looming next year we will all be knocking on your door ��

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not necessarily, as ably demonstrated by the aforementioned gentleman above :wink:

I've family and associates in the industry. They admit that communication to clients by many of their colleagues is a weak spot and was pre-2020 building boom. Along the following lines:

- Taking on too much work (the insecurity of the self employed) then spinning plates between jobs. Leaving some folk in the lurch mid contract.
- Not wanting to take on a job, but unable/unwilling to let to potential customer know, ignoring phone calls or fibbing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here