Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Look what you did

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
My car was written off on the Liverpool end of the M62 three years ago by a Jaguar F Pace that ploughed into the back of a mile long queue of stationary traffic. I have no idea how the driver didn't see the queue and didn't or couldn't stop or slow down - everybody else managed to.

Fortunately nobody was killed or serious injured, but he damaged or wrote off at least five cars, and one woman had to be cut out of her car by the fire brigade.

All I remember is seeing a glimpse of a big black shape in the wing mirror coming straight at me very fast........ then "Bang !!!!!!!!!!"

He hit mine with only a glancing blow fortunately, and probably the hand brake being on stopped my car from riccocheting into anyone else.

Horrific - glad you're ok, Cheshire Cat, but I bet you can't shake the image of him looming up like that. Could have been a lot worse but for your handbrake.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We all know it's technically possible but no Government wants to do it.

FFS nobody is that important that they need that phone call/text :facepalm:

Is it technically possible? To block use of one phone in a moving car / bus / coach, but not those of any passengers?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is it technically possible? To block use of one phone in a moving car / bus / coach, but not those of any passengers?

My phone has a setting that says I’m driving so texts & calls don’t connect. It picks up the cars motion.
I have to remember to turn it off when I’m a passenger.
I wouldn’t want a car that blocks calls as I would feel very vulnerable having to get out of the car to call home or the RAC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here