Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool v Man City, Wembley

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Poor comparison. There are a plethora of ways by which fans can get from Liverpool and Manchester to London for Saturday evening, just not the most convenient one. I don’t recall us kicking up a fuss and the council whinging when we had two home games while the Brighton to Three Bridges line was dug up.

Wasn’t trying to make any comparisons, I just think if the fans continue to roll over and accept lunchtime/teatime kick offs to suit global TV viewers the situation will only get worse.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wasn’t trying to make any comparisons, I just think if the fans continue to roll over and accept lunchtime/teatime kick offs to suit global TV viewers the situation will only get worse.

This, but what is anybody doing about it? Answer is nothing. The difference in the UK is the away following. 1000's go to games 100's of miles away but do the TV companies check on whether they can get to a match and get home, no. There needs to be a system whereby a game involving travel for away fans of over, say 100 miles, cannot be played at certain times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here