Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool pre match

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have been watching telly football with my pal Bob the (retired) social worker since football 'began'. We have watched Liverpool hundreds of times. His town, his team. I shared the miracle games with him. So I have developed a vicarious affection for the reds.

Of course in recent years we have been watching Albion (mostly away) games together. Occasionally Albion games versus Liverpool. Even the occasional Albion win. But there has never been anything approaching needle. Not quite.

Tomorrow is different. This game has massive jeopardy for Liverpool. They are in with a chance of a rare EPL title (only their second) under an iconic manager, in his last season.

If the Albion can score......better still, hold a lead late in the second half......there will be real needle, I know it. And if we can win.....scenes! I may be banished for weeks.

Because I will be jubilant.

I'm so excited,. Safe and wonderful travels for those making the trip.

Jimmy Grimble

My expectation for this game feels like the same kind of expectation I had when we played one of the big boys in our first couple of season in the Prem. Feels like we have very little hope in this one. A draw would be a fantastic result. A win would probably be our best ever result since returning to the top flight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here