Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lionel Messi: Destiny

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

It appears that Lionel Messi is not happy with how the Inter Miami team he is joining is in last place in the MLS Eastern Conference with 17 points. It seems the other players are more interested in partying in David Beckham's adopted city than winning games. Miami plays Wayne Rooney's DC United on July 8th 12:30 am BST(Saturday night/Sunday morning in UK) and then the Western Conference's 1st place team, St Louis City SC, on July 15th at 1:30 a.m. BST (July 16, Sunday morning in UK) in St Louis' brand new CITYPARK. That's all before Messi plays his first match against Liga MX's Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup competition between MLS & Liga MX. Lionel's first game with Inter Miami is July 21st at DRV PNK Stadium in Fort Lauderdale (early Saturday morning, July 22 in UK).

Last edited:

scooter1

How soon is now?

It appears that Lionel Messi is not happy with how the Inter Miami team he is joining is in last place in the MLS Eastern Conference with 17 points. It seems the other players are more interested in partying in David Beckham's adopted city than winning games. Miami plays Wayne Rooney's DC United on July 8th 12:30 am BST(Saturday night/Sunday morning in UK) and then the Western Conference's 1st place team, St Louis City SC, on July 15th at 1:30 a.m. BST (July 16, Sunday morning in UK) in St Louis' brand new CITYPARK. That's all before Messi plays his first match against Liga MX's Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup competition between MLS & Liga MX. Lionel's first game with Inter Miami is July 21st at DRV PNK Stadium in Miami, 1:00 a.m. BST (early Saturday morning, July 22 in UK).
I'm sure his swelling bank balance will soften the blow.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Rooney looks rather relaxed as DC United's manager.

1688637087393.png

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

It appears that Lionel Messi is not happy with how the Inter Miami team he is joining is in last place in the MLS Eastern Conference with 17 points. It seems the other players are more interested in partying in David Beckham's adopted city than winning games. Miami plays Wayne Rooney's DC United on July 8th 12:30 am BST(Saturday night/Sunday morning in UK) and then the Western Conference's 1st place team, St Louis City SC, on July 15th at 1:30 a.m. BST (July 16, Sunday morning in UK) in St Louis' brand new CITYPARK. That's all before Messi plays his first match against Liga MX's Cruz Azul in the Leagues Cup competition between MLS & Liga MX. Lionel's first game with Inter Miami is July 21st at DRV PNK Stadium in Miami, 1:00 a.m. BST (early Saturday morning, July 22 in UK).
What a load of old bollocks (I took the (click)bait and opened that article.)

Let's start with the headline: 'Bye bye United States, Lionel Messi receives the worst news before his Inter Miami debut'. Now, the worst news I could receive would be something like my entire family had been murdered, or I'd got a terminal disease. Having read the article, I'm still none the wiser as to what Messi's 'news' was.

The angle of the piece seems to be that a fella scored his 103rd goal (unsure if there is anything particularly special about that – the article didn't say) and went out 'to party' to celebrate. Didn't say where, with whom, or what (if anything happened to him). But it did say another Inter Miami player went out with him. And then concluded that because of these two going out for an evening – and, apparently a few others in the camp daring to live their lives outside playing football and training – the team is bottom of the table.

Stealing. A. Living.

Edit: I ventured a bit further to an article about how Manchester City are 'close to finalizing the arrival of a player for an unimaginable price'. It starts by saying City don't want last season to be 'a fluke or a one-off event'. That's the team has won countless trophies in the past however many years! But then they talk about paying €100m for a player, which, apparently exceeds the £100m paid for Grealish.

Yeah, OK mate...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here