Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Lidl plus, getting your 10% off....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tesco Clubcard Plus man here.

It's £8 a month and you then get 10% off two shops (max discount £20 per shop) each month. So we do a big shop where we buy all the non-perishables, household/cleaning stuff, toiletries, dog food and freezer things every two weeks, using the 10% off each time, and top up fresh stuff in between as and when.

The discount stacks on top of existing in-store discounts and Clubcard offers, and does include alcohol. Most months we save £30-£40 for the initial £8 outlay.

We'd use Tesco anyway as it's just a handy location for us and we convert the Clubcard points to Virgin points for flight discounts/upgrades.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tesco Clubcard Plus man here.

It's £8 a month and you then get 10% off two shops (max discount £20 per shop) each month. So we do a big shop where we buy all the non-perishables, household/cleaning stuff, toiletries, dog food and freezer things every two weeks, using the 10% off each time, and top up fresh stuff in between as and when.

The discount stacks on top of existing in-store discounts and Clubcard offers, and does include alcohol. Most months we save £30-£40 for the initial £8 outlay.

We'd use Tesco anyway as it's just a handy location for us and we convert the Clubcard points to Virgin points for flight discounts/upgrades.

Tesco are definitely taking on the discounters. Despite all the cost of living pressures we do have a pretty competitive grocery offer in the UK compared to other countries.

The US - bloody expensive, France too, very little discounting....

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure these 'clubcard' deals are really helping the supermarkets, well they must be as they are all doing it (except Aldi). I've a Tesco card because they are my local supermarket, although I'm in love with M&S since it opened recently in Uckfield.
I avoid using all the other big supermarkets like Asda & Sainsburys simply because I know, without a card, I'll be paying top prices. Had no choice recently when in a supermarket and had to shout down the queue to 'borrow' a loyalty card to get the discounts.
PS Nescafe 300g coffee at £4.50 in Tesco recently was a bargain. Purchased 5!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here