Keith Andrews stats

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
We won more often without Vicente. I believe we won more often without Bridcutt last season.

This season, our win percentage with Brezovan is 50%, without him it's 39%. We have a 60% win rate with Obika, a mere 37% without him.

We have a lower win rate when we play Upson, Greer, Orlandi, Buckley, or Lualua.

Since his debut, England score more goals and win more games without Rooney than they do with him.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Andrews is a fine player but he needs some legs around him. I don't think I've seen a more efficient passer of the ball than him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When Andrews plays, it's because a first choice midfielder doesn't (Ince, Bridcutt, Stephens, Crofts, to name a few). Therefore it stands entirely to reason that results would be worse?

I'm not saying he's been great, last night he certainly gave it away too much. But let's be fair here. Maybe the statistic proves that we lose more games when Crofts DOESN'T play, rather than when Andrews does.

Dec 29, 2011
We won more often without Vicente. I believe we won more often without Bridcutt last season.

This season, our win percentage with Brezovan is 50%, without him it's 39%. We have a 60% win rate with Obika, a mere 37% without him.

We have a lower win rate when we play Upson, Greer, Orlandi, Buckley, or Lualua.

Since his debut, England score more goals and win more games without Rooney than they do with him.

How many games did Bridcutt miss last season? How many has Brezovan played this season?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
If Stephens is still unwell come Saturday, then I hope that Augustien comes in for Andrews. Got to try something different, it's certainly not working with those midfield 3 currently!

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008

Ridiculous point. Brezovan and obika have played less than 5 games each. Andrews features far more when you look at how many games he's played. Also Andrews also plays instead so Stephens or other midfielders we have. QUITE SIMPLY we are a better more dynamic attacking team without him than with him. What exactly is his role (apart from talking to the argus and trying to get a contract). Play anyone than him.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ridiculous point. Brezovan and obika have played less than 5 games each. Andrews features far more when you look at how many games he's played. Also Andrews also plays instead so Stephens or other midfielders we have. QUITE SIMPLY we are a better more dynamic attacking team without him than with him. What exactly is his role (apart from talking to the argus and trying to get a contract). Play anyone than him.

And with regard to Orlandi (played 12 of 37) and Lualua (played 23) and Buckley (played 26)? See also: Agustien (played 11), Calderon (played 19), Forster-Caskey (played 22). Kuszczak (played 33), Greer (played 31), Lopez (played 30) which doesn't really leave many without them to form a good pattern. But we have worse win rates with all of these players than we do without them.

Upson only missed one game.

I'm not arguing that Andrews is good, or that people who say he is bad are wrong. I'm simply highlighting how team results with and without an individual don't tell the whole story, and are often proof of nothing, just a quirk of statistics, or as Edna pointed out that the selection of some players is because we are suffering from injuries and the entire team is weaker, so of course results will be poorer with them.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And with regard to Orlandi (played 12 of 37) and Lualua (played 23) and Buckley (played 26)? See also: Agustien (played 11), Calderon (played 19), Forster-Caskey (played 22). Kuszczak (played 33), Greer (played 31), Lopez (played 30) which doesn't really leave many without them to form a good pattern. But we have worse win rates with all of these players than we do without them.

Upson only missed one game.

I'm not arguing that Andrews is good, or that people who say he is bad are wrong. I'm simply highlighting how team results with and without an individual don't tell the whole story, and are often proof of nothing, just a quirk of statistics, or as Edna pointed out that the selection of some players is because we are suffering from injuries and the entire team is weaker, so of course results will be poorer with them.

Hello Acker, seeing as you're the one that I know of as sufficiently organised, can you tell us the exact number of minutes we've seen from Orlandi in the Championship this season. I'd be surprised if it's more than five whole games, that is 450 minutes, but I await a more compelling response that you can provide.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Please no more Andrews. I don't mind that he plays the ball backwards or sideways as that's what's required if you set out to play possession football; what I mind is that he plays the ball backwards or sideways when there's a forward pass available.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Interesting starting point for a debate on Andrews' merits, but too small a pool of data with too many variables (i.e other players missing/standard of opposition etc) to draw any concrete conclusions from.

Not that the very same thing didn't stop me LOVING the stat about us never losing when Rohan Ince played 90 minutes from earlier in the season...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hello Acker, seeing as you're the one that I know of as sufficiently organised, can you tell us the exact number of minutes we've seen from Orlandi in the Championship this season. I'd be surprised if it's more than five whole games, that is 450 minutes, but I await a more compelling response that you can provide.

685mins in the league (7(5) apps), 126mins in the cup (1(1)apps)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not that the very same thing didn't stop me LOVING the stat about us never losing when Rohan Ince played 90 minutes from earlier in the season...

I loved the one (last season I think) where we always lost when Painter was an unused sub, but always won when he played (for a while).

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Posted weeks ago that Andrews and Ince doesn't work, the trouble being that Ince is shackled into a more defensive position to cover for Andrews lack of pace.Before Croft's injury we saw Ince pushing forward and winning tackles in the opposition's half now he's doing it deeper so we're further from goal when starting an attack. Ince is working his socks off holding the m/f and with JFC is only in his 1st full season in the team, the lack of real pace and movement is not helped by Andrews who yes can hold the ball and make few mistakes but he slows it down and limits Ince and JFC going forward. Better to play Stephens, he may lose the ball more but the attack would probaly speed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports