Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Keeping Leo on board ... Vital? or not so Vital?

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
All Leo has said is that he wants to play in the Premier League.

He has not said that he wants to leave Brighton now. Due to holidays he has not even met the new manager yet.

Any offers we have received so far have been turned down.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If a comparable type player is available at a realistic fee and could hopefully with his style of play get him and CMS to get 20 goals each then I would say sell him if not he must be kept irrespective of the price offered.

regardless of how the players attitude/commitment might be if he was not granted a move to the prem??

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If we have really had a bid of £7m i'm amazed he is still here...Good striker, but no better than Murray or Zamora. Massively over rated by some on here.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
regardless of how the players attitude/commitment might be if he was not granted a move to the prem??

Does he have a problem with us retaining him tho? Do you know that?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

3-4 years left of his career, and the chance to double (at least) his wage and play in the Premier League. I reckon he'd want a move.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
3-4 years left of his career, and the chance to double (at least) his wage and play in the Premier League. I reckon he'd want a move.

So you don't know then?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

We have heard nothing to suggest that this is his view though other than a very vague piece in the Mirror. Seeing as this story has been around for a few weeks I would normally expect the agent to have been feeding the press with tales of itchy feet and a desire to move up by now. It does not appear that this has been happening, until now at least. So I will infer that he is relatively happy here, and we therefore have no reason to cash in.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What if, by stubbornly keeping him, he becomes unhappy and we lose the chance to buy, say 3 good championship players, which would have given our promotion hopes a real boost.

The outcome could be that we don't get those players and have a very unhappy striker, going through the motions.

It's a conundrum l'm forced to admit, (hence the point of starting the thread) . The key to it all may be, just how happy/unhappy is Senor Ulloa?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No, but I can have a good guess that earning 1m+ a year for the final 3-4 seasons of his career is an attractive option.

Fair enough. I'll wait to see what comes of his meeting with Sami. No quotes in the press from Leo about wanting out as far as I can see (yet!).

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Im not saying for a second he has a problem at present. What I am saying is, IMO, it will become a big problem if he does see us blocking his path to the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here