Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kaoru Mitoma [27/2/24 - possibly out for the rest of the season]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Most likely scenario seems to me that we'll look to get another season out of him and get what we can in the summer after that.

In the meantime, we'll look to see if we've got genuine starlet amongst the ranks of young wingers, so I would expect to see prominent loans for Mazilu and Osman. Ahead of them, Enciso and maybe Sarmiento, will get the chance to see if they can have a breakout season

In addition, an assessment will be made on Solly. I've got a feeling he'll feature more at full back than on the wing for the final seasons of his career.

Fati, will of course go back. Pedro is surely a better player in the middle. This all leaves Adingra and Mitoma playing a lot of games.

All of which suggests to me we will be looking to recruit at least one winger, most likely right sided and about 22/23 years old this summer.
Barco ?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The sight of rows and rows of absolutely plastered salarymen ordering endless whiskey and shochu is one of the wonders of the world. Literally drinking until they fall over, as you say.

I spend a large part of my working week with Japanese people, many of whom are often hungover as they'd been obliged to attend a "drinking party" with colleagues the night before.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It was first reported, i think , by The Athletic in Feburary. Barber has confirmed it (although no details yet) in a podcast he did with the club earlier this week.

That's fantastic. If we do come to Asia then we have to do Japan. It's an absolute no brainer.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
There are rumours that we are still after Nicolas Gonzalez who we tried to capture previously. Would make sense as he must know Barco and Facu, plus an ex team mate of Igor, plus he’s a wide player who tends to score 8/9 goals a season. £35m should do it.
Bring him in this coming window and sell Mitoma the season after.
Tends to be how we do things.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
There are rumours that we are still after Nicolas Gonzalez who we tried to capture previously. Would make sense as he must know Barco and Facu, plus an ex team mate of Igor, plus he’s a wide player who tends to score 8/9 goals a season. £35m should do it.
Bring him in this coming window and sell Mitoma the season after.
Tends to be how we do things.

I think Gonzalez is the new Jonathan Calleri

Keep The Faith

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here