• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
You so want the dotted line to include the slide.
e018064d-1f55-496c-a05e-97a1e637c28d.jpg
Voters lined up at sunrise outside a high school in Ambridge, Pennsylvania. Reuters via BBC.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Betfair is mental. Last night I saw 2 separate bets go on Trump for £1 million and £2 million respectively. I've no idea what the angle is. Possible it is manipulating the markets to make Trumps chances seemingly more credible & therefore encourage voters or some sort or shorting stock / Trump winning arb that I've yet to figure out. Every time Trumps price hits 3.0, it gets smashed. The market was worth £264 million and that was before the £2 mill went on.

Crodo is right. Biden should be a maximum of 1.2 and is possibly the best value bet of our lifetime according to all the - reputable - polling. I've largely kept my powder dry as something is at play here which I don't understand and that makes me nervous.

There could have been a lot of bets for Trump by the Public and those two large bets could be from Another betting firm trying to cover any potential large losses on a Trump Victory.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It really isn't, I looked at about 4 links last night, hence why i asked on here...

Have a look at the results in various bellwether counties to see how the election is turning out.https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-u...l-be-tracking-on-election-night-idUKKBN27I1BF

Pinellas County in Florida is one to look for, Trump won it by 1% in 2016. Last poll of the county yesterday has Biden +9 there... https://mobile.twitter.com/PeterSchorschFL/status/1323618317882544131

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Oh for a return to the days when politics was an honorable profession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Biden will win in a landslide IMO. Democrats have been preparing this for four years there is a 0% chance they allow another loss on their record this year.

Pros of a Trump win:

- Funny
- You get to see people cry like their team got relegated on a sunny April afternoon
- It might lead to the emergence of a real third party and/or a new set of decent politicians that aren't old guard bellends like Joe

Cons of a Trump win:

- Cities burn
- 4 more years of the media never shutting the **** up
- Possibility of a full on civil war

Pros of a Biden win:

- The media finally shuts the **** up and we can have some peace and quiet
- The US is not a TOTAL laughing stock to the rest of the world (still mostly is though)
- People might actually listen to their president now to help stem the Covid-19 tide

Cons of a Biden win:

- Democrats prove that there is no need for any change in government, they won, and they will continue to rest on their laurels
- Could lead to the rise of a legit fascist third party/repub leader in 4 years
- I can 100% see them doing nothing good for change, even if they sweep house/senate and whitehouse.

All of this just IMO of course.

I agreed with you. The Democrats at the moment will fair no better; however, Trump's style of Politics has to be stopped otherwise we are on course for more of those types of Leaders to start cropping up around the World like we have in The UK, Russia, China and Turkey and Brazil.

Autocratic Figure Heads around the World would be Catastrophic.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The deck is stacked against Trump. The media won't declare for him, even if it looks like he has won early on, they will frame it as "questionable". They will however take the first, slightest opportunity to declare for Biden if it looks like he has won early on, and once they do that, it's over and everything said after that moment will be framed as an attempt to cheat, an attempt by a lame duck former President to cling to power.

The media have decided the winner already, like Bush in 2000, they cast the deciding vote and I think it's safe to say it won't be for Trump.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The deck is stacked against Trump. The media won't declare for him, even if it looks like he has won early on, they will frame it as "questionable". They will however take the first, slightest opportunity to declare for Biden if it looks like he has won early on, and once they do that, it's over and everything said after that moment will be framed as an attempt to cheat, an attempt by a lame duck former President to cling to power.

you're getting desperate now. they'll call it which ever way it is going, media love the drama.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The media have decided the winner already, like Bush in 2000, they cast the deciding vote and I think it's safe to say it won't be for Trump.

What an odd statement.
Trump has framed the result of the election as questionable for over a year.

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
you're getting desperate now. they'll call it which ever way it is going, media love the drama.

They do love the drama, but come on, they hate Trump more.

Anything other than a clear and unequivocal landslide for Trump, which seems unlikely, will be turned into a victory for Biden.

What an odd statement.
Trump has framed the result of the election as questionable of over a year.

Yeah, he fears foul play, and with some justification.

To be clear, here's my rough prediction. The same news outlets claiming for days that Trump might declare early before all votes are counted, and that that would be dishonest and should be watched out for, will also be the news outlets who declare for Biden before all votes are counted.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
They do love the drama, but come on, they hate Trump more.

Anything other than a clear and unequivocal landslide for Trump, which seems unlikely, will be turned into a victory for Biden.

Yeah, he fears foul play, and with some justification.

Could it be because he has rubbished every single media outlet that doesn't agree with him? #fakenews.

I find your adoption of the tactic of playing Trump as the victim in this truly hilarious, your sincerity is the clincher.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What an odd statement.
Trump has framed the result of the election as questionable of over a year.

Indeed he has. He did the same in 2016 till he won.

This time is worse because he will be claiming " Squatters Rights " in the White House if he loses. People ridicule America at the moment. Can you imagine the laughing stock it will become if he does that. Not that Trump cares.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Could it be because he has rubbished every single media outlet that doesn't agree with him? #fakenews.

I find your adoption of the tactic of playing Trump as the victim in this truly hilarious, your sincerity is the clincher.

Yes, 100%. I wouldn't disagree with that at all. He has made an enemy of the media, and he will pay the price. He has already in many ways. But they will bare a cost for that too. Both Trump and the media are as bad as each other, and the real price is going to be paid by the American people, who don't know who to trust, because frankly they can't trust anyone.

#fakenews is right, unless you think that the media are objective arbiters of truth and journalism still exists, which you might, but only if you are on one of the extremes of the political spectrum, which are the only places now represented by the vast majority of the media.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To be clear, here's my rough prediction. The same news outlets claiming for days that Trump might declare early before all votes are counted, and that that would be dishonest and should be watched out for, will also be the news outlets who declare for Biden before all votes are counted.

here's another prediction: they'll call the result before all votes are counted, if and when its clear there's a winner. like they always do.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I look forward to our 'relationship' with Biden.
It's the fact that you think that Donald Trump actually gives a single **** about anyone other than himself. Let alone Britain or the UK.

Do you sit there having conversations with yourself before you post stuff like that on an internet forum that other people can read?

"Yep, that will make me look really clever!"

Ah.......

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
here's another prediction: they'll call the result before all votes are counted, if and when its clear there's a winner. like they always do.

Sure, but on this occassion, a Biden win is clear when it's clear. A Trump win is clear only when every vote has been counted (and even then, is it clear? what really happened, etc).

Basically the same position as Trump has been accused of, and condemned for taking. Like I said, it's Trump vs the media in this election and they are as bad as each other.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, 100%. I wouldn't disagree with that at all. He has made an enemy of the media, and he will pay the price. He has already in many ways. But they will bare a cost for that too. Both Trump and the media are as bad as each other, and the real price is going to be paid by the American people, who don't know who to trust, because frankly they can't trust anyone.

#fakenews is right, unless you think that the media are objective arbiters of truth and journalism still exists, which you might, but only if you are on one of the extremes of the political spectrum, which are the only places now represented by the vast majority of the media.

He hasn't made an enemy of ALL media. He has used the media he wants to use with great dexterity and skill. Doesn't mean all outlets and journalism are tainted by #fakenews, that only suits the narrative Trump so dearly loves to play, you can tell a lie if you convince everyone that everyone else is also a liar.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'll be interested to see how the Republicans break if the polls are correct and Biden wins the vote. Trump will obviously try to hold on and push a narrative that may allow him to get the vote overturned in courts. Nationwide, the Republican Party has been craven over the last four years, because for them, Trump is the only game in town. Support him and they get judges, tax cuts and support in their primaries. Oppose him and they've got Twitter abuse and the bully pulpit turned upon them. However, reports of behind the scenes conversations have suggested all the way though that many of them despise him.

There is an assumption that all of the GOP will continue to dance to Trump's tune, but if he appears to have lost, many may be thinking of their best move to position themselves in a post-Trump political world. McConnell is a politician that Nicolai Machiavelli would be proud to have had as a pupil. He will definitely be looking for which way the wind is blowing and wouldn't give a second thought to being the hitman on Trump if he thought that it would benefit him or his agenda. The likes of Romney would almost definitely be calling for him to concede. Those who may have future presidential ambitions: Cruz, Rubio, Haley, Scott, Crenshaw, Pompeo will be weighing up carefully whether it personally benefits them to play Mark Antony or Brutus. The first to condemn or oppose the tyrant, could be the best positioned to inherit. For many others, a senate seat is a job for life and a license to print money. Those who choose to support Trump in any perceived coup, could go down with him and will certainly be giving that possibility a great deal of consideration before risking their own necks.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's the fact that you think that Donald Trump actually gives a single **** about anyone other than himself. Let alone Britain or the UK.

Do you sit there having conversations with yourself before you post stuff like that on an internet forum that other people can read?

"Yep, that will make me look really clever!"

Ah.......

It appears in that post there's only one person having a natter with themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here