Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Jim Jefferies tonight..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I really enjoyed him. A huge difference performance wise form the drunken routine I saw at Uderbelly, Brighton in 2007.

He no longer drinks so he holds it all together very well. Still stuff that some would find offensive but he’s much cleverer than just a string of deliberately provocative rants.

His piece tonight on reverse gay conversion therapy was superb.

Good crowd, good show. Really enjoyed it.

And he’s married to a lass from Burgess Hill, which he was also very funny about.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I went. A solid, more polished routine than when I saw him in Hastings 10 years or so back.

Andrew Maxwell was excellent too.

Hudson Hawk

Feb 20, 2017
Upper Beeding
He was excellent - better than his last Netflix special. The warm-ups were a bit hit and miss, the Irish guy being better than the Canadian.
Agree with that although I missed the start of the Canadian guy because of the drinks queues.

Established acts can sometimes go stale and tbf it must be quite hard to come up with consistently funny material, but Jim smashed it and was hilarious!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He was excellent - better than his last Netflix special. The warm-ups were a bit hit and miss, the Irish guy being better than the Canadian.
Yeah, Canadian guy thought announcing every word majestically with his arms outstretched was enough in itself, I didn’t think so. But he had some funny lines here and there.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Very much enjoyed it. Jim was excellent and I enjoyed both the warm up acts.

His revelation at the end about the Dome not booking him because of his material was a bit odd. I've seen Jimmy Carr at the Dome who did jokes about HIV. Oh well it backfired on them as it looked pretty much a sell out from where I was sitting.

Have been holding off watching his last Netflix special in case it was the same material. Will give that a watch this evening.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I particularly liked this routine

But I do think they should have warnings about his live act.

WARNING - Risk of exploding gammons
WARNING - Not for Snowflakes

that sort of thing :wink:

Was about to post exactly this video. It's such a good bit of stand up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Andrew Maxwell was excellent too.
I was stuck on a train for an hour or so outside Tottenham Hale with him many years ago…must have been early 00s. Never heard of him at the time but everyone in the carriage was discussing what they were attempting to get to and he said he had a gig….which turned out to be his own.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Very much enjoyed it. Jim was excellent and I enjoyed both the warm up acts.

His revelation at the end about the Dome not booking him because of his material was a bit odd. I've seen Jimmy Carr at the Dome who did jokes about HIV. Oh well it backfired on them as it looked pretty much a sell out from where I was sitting.
That surprised me too. Admittedly, Jefferies is not so much near the knuckle as halfway up the arm. He has told very explicit jokes and stories that are not for everyone, but he is definitely on the right side of arguments about minority rights. He is very clever about the way he reduces prejudice to its basic stupidity, e.g. his bit last night about gay conversion therapy and his previous bit about God being drunk at a party.

He said that they didn't want him because of jokes he had told in the past. Seems a bit knee jerk when Frankie Boyle's on there in September!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yup, I was giving his material a review.
0/10 at best for comedy.
I'm interested that you gave him 0/10 as I've enjoyed all the stuff of his that I've seen. Can you give a link to the material of his that you based your review on, as I'm interested whether it was a particularly poor performance or whether our views on comedy really are diametrically opposed. Thanks :thumbsup:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I'm interested that you gave him 0/10 as I've enjoyed all the stuff of his that I've seen. Can you give a link to the material of his that you based your review on, as I'm interested whether it was a particularly poor performance or whether our views on comedy really are diametrically opposed. Thanks :thumbsup:
I read that as just a review of the heckler retort that @Hugo Rune had quoted. If I'm right, I'd agree that the response is not particularly funny, but I'd add that it's not actually material, just a heavy handed means of shutting down someone who was derailing his show. His extended response to the poor fool who heckled last night was a lot more nuanced and very funny.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mic drop bitch was brilliant.

I have a feeling a particular part of the sign language routine would have offended some of the less hardy souls on here 😂

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here