Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Jeopardy

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As somebody who moved to the states in my early twenties, I reject the idea that "answer in the form of a question", odd as it is, is in anyway hard to grasp. I took to Jeopardy very quickly. It literally takes maybe one round, maybe half a round, to get the gist of it.

Anyone who watched White Men Can't Jump knows exactly how Jeopardy works.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
I watched Greek “The Chase” when in Athens the other week and the prize money was pitiful. I couldn’t understand any of the questions either.
Was it all Greek to you?

autopsyturvey

Feb 24, 2018
Exactly that. The lottery of getting the "daily double". Also the possibility of picking categories you feel you are strong in so that a) you keep control of the board (important for finding the daily double) and b) you can build up enough of a lead that you can potentially make a large wager for the daily double and probably c) the psychologic advantage of building up a lead.
Fair points. It just feels like the chooser ought to get the first stab at answering, but I guess that would lead to too much control.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
So I was listening to this:

And I never made the connection before that part of the reason why Jeopardy gives you the answers, and you have to provide the question, is a cheeky twist on the 1950's quiz show scandals where the contestants had been secretly given the answers. So why not just make it explicit that the contestants have the answers already?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here