Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It's late after I've just seen the show at The Centre. Powerful stuff I must say. Justin Hayward, Claire Richards (Steps), Duncan James (Blue), Kevin Clifton (Strictly), Nathan James (Inglorious), and Jeff Wayne's daughter Anna-Marie (yes, she is the weakest link) put on a cracking show. Loads of tech, flames, Martian stuff, lasers etc and to top it off, they announced that the terrific guitarist I admired all night was one Chris Spedding.
Looked like a lot of the audience could have been Albion fans too. Anyone else go this time around?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's late after I've just seen the show at The Centre. Powerful stuff I must say. Justin Hayward, Claire Richards (Steps), Duncan James (Blue), Kevin Clifton (Strictly), Nathan James (Inglorious), and Jeff Wayne's daughter Anna-Marie (yes, she is the weakest link) put on a cracking show. Loads of tech, flames, Martian stuff, lasers etc and to top it off, they announced that the terrific guitarist I admired all night was one Chris Spedding.
Looked like a lot of the audience could have been Albion fans too. Anyone else go this time around?

No, but I should have done.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

A few people wearing Albion shirts, scarves etc then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seen it at the Brighton centre a couple of times with different casts. Incredible show.
The Richard Burton vs Liam Neeson debate is negligible as both portrayals were terrific.

I’d equally recommend the immersive VR version in London:
https://thewaroftheworldsimmersive.com

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’ve seen it a couple of times and it’s as good live as the original album. A true musical masterpiece.

I’m amazed and pleased that Justin Hayward is still performing it. His finest hour. I’d assumed, though, that none of the original cast would be involved any more.

I must go again next time it is on. I’ve got out of the gig habit these last two years.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I should have gone too. Gutted I missed this again.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
I went, absolutely blown away by the performers. Duncan James was excellent and Justin Haywood can still belt out a tune at 75 years old. Stage effects stunning.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Didn't go this time, but did go to the War of the Worlds Interactive show a couple of weeks back. Great fun and highly recomended.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Going to see this at the o2 in a couple of weeks time. My son is a huge fan despite being a massive metal head. He got into WOTW through my father-in-law when he was young, and as we lost my FIL a few years back expecting it to be quite emotional for him.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham

Yes I went. Great show. We were sat near a couple in full Victorian costume. I was hot in T-shirt and shorts so they must have melted. I don't watch Strictly so don't know who he is but Kevin Clifton was very good as the soldier.

PFW

Feb 16, 2017
The foot hills of Norfolk

Did they all leave with 10 minutes to go. :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here