Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ITV X

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Extensive advertising campaign on ITV, so does anyone know if this means Britbox will finish or will they run in tandem?

And the ad states it’s ‘free streaming’ so will it just appear on the Sky apps section?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ITV you say? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this what ITV Hub used to be ?

I've been streaming ITV on my phone and laptop for the WC whilst at work. Its been surprisingly reliable, and all in flawless HD.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I've been streaming ITV on my phone and laptop for the WC whilst at work. Its been surprisingly reliable, and all in flawless HD.
It doesn’t start till December so you may well be right, ITV hub which is still currently in operation will pack up.

Expensive rebranding, well thought out in the middle of a recession 🙈

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Its the replacement for ITV HUB and is ITV's new streaming service. They seem to have gone early on it, and so far it is shit on a desktop. the UI is terrible, and no ability to rewind or pause live TV like the iPlayer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Extensive advertising campaign on ITV, so does anyone know if this means Britbox will finish or will they run in tandem?

And the ad states it’s ‘free streaming’ so will it just appear on the Sky apps section?

It's a bit of an odd one and does question the future of Britbox. Britbox (in the UK) was originally a joint venture with the BBC owning a 10% share. Google "Project Kangaroo" to see the history.

However, Britbox UK is now wholly owned by ITV and if you pay for the premium ITVX subscription you get Britbox thrown in for free. On the surface it looks like if you watch Britbox via ITVx you get more for your money than if you have an existing BritBox subscription.

Arguably, you could say that's the end of Britbox UK, but I'm not sure ITVx can get away with showing Open All Hours under the ITV banner. Although technically they are already doing that with Britbox.

As for the BBC they also own a separate successful instance of BritBox that is popular in the USA and is being rolled out to different countries.

Add to the complication all the UKTV channels like Dave (which show similar stuff albeit edited to take ads) are now wholly owned by the BBC.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It doesn’t start till December so you may well be right, ITV hub which is still currently in operation will pack up.

Expensive rebranding, well thought out in the middle of a recession 🙈
Started here already :shrug:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

How have you managed that? Every time I’ve tried to watch on phone it says “ programme unavailable on this platform” 😡

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How have you managed that? Every time I’ve tried to watch on phone it says “ programme unavailable on this platform” 😡
Dunno chap. I just have the ITV Hub app on my Omsung Phine. It had changed a bit when I went in, as I had to enter an email and password (I'd not used the app in ages prior to this WC), but once I'd done that, ta-daaa.

Maybe uninstall and reinstall it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here