Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Its Time to Get Real

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Walking the dogs this morning I was smiled at by a lovely young lady.
The little voice in my head said "You've still got it!"...chest puffed out a bit more.

Girls thinking "aww those dogs are cute", or perhaps the way I'm balding reminded her of her dad.

Reality has a nasty habit of pissing on your chips.

Note: I am happily married.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Happens to me every morning. Have a puppy. For a small moment I feel 25 again, then I remember the pup.
As an aside, I'm single and occasionally use dating apps. The last two 'matches' I've got have both said 'I'm here for the puppy', assuming it's a bit of friendly banter I continue chatting only discover they're literally only interested in hanging out with my dog.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was going to be a thread on failing to buy Colwill and losing Moises, not one about dirty old men ogling young girls :wink:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I remember many many years ago, a lovely young girl smiling at me in a pub. I steamed over, and asked if I knew her. 'Yes, you went out with my mum' :facepalm:

(I did have a bit of a thing about older women when I was a teenager)

So, are you her father?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A few years ago I was in London on the tube. It was crowded but not packed, and as one of the first on I'd moved down the carriage and was standing between the seats, quite near this extremely attractive girl. We all know the 'commuting etiquette': you don't talk and you don't make eye contact with your fellow sufferers. However this girl looked up, looked me straight in the eyes and smiled. I was a bit embarrassed tbh. Here I was, a happily-married, man and now I was going to have to fight off an attractive woman. Just like the old days, eh? (Not). However I needn't have worried, as she said, very sweetly, "Would you like to sit down?"

el punal

A few years ago I was in London on the tube. It was crowded but not packed, and as one of the first on I'd moved down the carriage and was standing between the seats, quite near this extremely attractive girl. We all know the 'commuting etiquette': you don't talk and you don't make eye contact with your fellow sufferers. However this girl looked up, looked me straight in the eyes and smiled. I was a bit embarrassed tbh. Here I was, a happily-married, man and now I was going to have to fight off an attractive woman. Just like the old days, eh? (Not). However I needn't have worried, as she said, very sweetly, "Would you like to sit down?"
Was she talking to your dog? :wink:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

phoenix

May 18, 2009
I remember many many years ago, a lovely young girl smiling at me in a pub. I steamed over, and asked if I knew her. 'Yes, you went out with my mum' :facepalm:

(I did have a bit of a thing about older women when I was a teenager)
Watford 26 years old isn't being a teenager :dunky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here