Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the 2nd leg cancelled??!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Think a bit of perspective is needed. We had more and better chances, we didn't get the rub of the green with a couple of decisions (their pen was nailed on however, clumsy challenge) and their keeper was MOM in my view. We're still very much in this, although for me JFC/Andrews axis of mediocrity needs to be changed and CMS needs to either start or come on earlier. Roll on Sunday.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We're going into the second leg a goal down and playing away against one of the most free scoring teams in the division. To be fair, it does kind of look as though we've had our chips.

And yet...

I still feel oddly optimistic. There is more life in this tie yet.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
They have fallen into our trap, we always have dramas.
We will score a last minute goal on Sunday to take into extra time and then clinch it on the penalty shoot out.
I don't expect anything else.

PENALTIES?
Christ we struggle to get one in these days , who the hell`s going to take the five?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I though we were bloody fantastic! Seriously!
Unlike most of the league games I've been to this season where we have looked very average, I was just pleased that we played like it meant everything to us.
We were unlucky not to get at least a draw and I thought we gave a great account of ourselves.

Agree. Similar to the Wigan game. Gave it everything but lost 2-1. Rather that than a 0-0 bore draw with no effort.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Got the poo end of the stick tonight (excuse the use of words), scraped in last minute on Saturday, still in the game despite last night's events, they have been beaten by all of the better teams at home this season (Burnley, Leicester, Wigan, Forest and dare I say Reading). Hope we go there with a nowt to lose approach, come away with no regrets. If we give it a go, personally I will cheer and shout the guys off if we get done 3 or 4 if it's in the name of a committed effort.
Will have a few beers, a good shout on Sunday, hope the trip is worth it.

COME ON!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No team has ever won from behind to make the Championship playoff final in the 2nd leg. I believe that history that heavy must show something.

It's true. Fact.

Why on earth would I lie? :ffsparr:

2012-13
Leicester 1 - 0 Watford
Watford 3 - 1 Leicester

(What you've done here is copy a supposedly correct stat from someone who was wrong. I believe the actual stat is that no team has lost AT HOME first but still went through)

DerbyDerby

May 5, 2014
Got the poo end of the stick tonight (excuse the use of words), scraped in last minute on Saturday, still in the game despite last night's events, they have been beaten by all of the better teams at home this season (Burnley, Leicester, Wigan, Forest and dare I say Reading). Hope we go there with a nowt to lose approach, come away with no regrets. If we give it a go, personally I will cheer and shout the guys off if we get done 3 or 4 if it's in the name of a committed effort.
Will have a few beers, a good shout on Sunday, hope the trip is worth it.

COME ON!

I'll give you that we lost to the others you have mentioned, but not forest!! We won 5-0 at home against them!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
So, I'm back from the game and thought I'd see what the good folk of NSC have to say and all I have managed to find are threads saying sack Oscar, this or that player is sh**.

What's up people?!

We have just limited the league'a top scorers to ONE shot on target, had at least one penalty not given that we should have had, seen their keeper get MOM and been very unlucky to lose by one goal.

Why all the despair and turning on the 'coach'? Does anyone think he told them to play well for 20 minutes, score and then drop off? Of course he didn't.

We are playing a team that finished 3rd, 13 points ahead of us and there was very little between us.

Roll on Sunday and let's see what happens, this tie is still very much alive people!!

Well said old chap

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No team has ever won from behind to make the Championship playoff final in the 2nd leg. I believe that history that heavy must show something.

True. However, Brighton hardly ever do things easily (except for romping to League Titles ahead of Soton!) so if we are going up it's going to be the hard way. Always was, always will be - JCLs do please note that you're supporting a team with pedigree in these scenarios!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
True. However, Brighton hardly ever do things easily (except for romping to League Titles ahead of Soton!) so if we are going up it's going to be the hard way. Always was, always will be - JCLs do please note that you're supporting a team with pedigree in these scenarios!

I get the sentiment, but I've seen 4 promotions in my 24 years of support, 3 of which have been as champions with 2 or more games to spare!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
100% true... Teams have won 2nd leg away after losing at home, but both times lost on penalties... Time for a change in History..

Cheers. That gives the stat a bit of perspective - ultimately the two losers were unlucky. The size of the first leg deficit must make a big difference too. If it was a one off game and we were a goal down after a minute, I wouldn't write it off.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Well that could be a big blessing in disguise! He is half the player he was and never goes round a defender and seems content to win corners which, bearing in mind the delivery of those corners, amounts to nothing.

We were magic for the first thirty. Then Buckers got injured. Then we conceded and did not hit those heights again.
It's not a coincidence.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
So, I'm back from the game and thought I'd see what the good folk of NSC have to say and all I have managed to find are threads saying sack Oscar, this or that player is sh**.

What's up people?!

We have just limited the league'a top scorers to ONE shot on target, had at least one penalty not given that we should have had, seen their keeper get MOM and been very unlucky to lose by one goal.

Why all the despair and turning on the 'coach'? Does anyone think he told them to play well for 20 minutes, score and then drop off? Of course he didn't.

We are playing a team that finished 3rd, 13 points ahead of us and there was very little between us.

Roll on Sunday and let's see what happens, this tie is still very much alive people!!

I think it's all out of frustration in the fact that many see what could have been with a more attacking brand of football.
I do agree that this tie is still very much alive and I for one am very optimistic, but I always have this nagging feeling that with the meanness of our defence combined with more attacking intent we should have been challenging for automatic promotion hence the feeling from many that oscar could have done better.
Should we get lucky tho I think oscar will do a job in the premiership given enough backing.
Roll on Sunday!

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
We are goal down with 90 mins to play. We have a great away record and a victory of any kind will see us win the tie or go to pens. They are no better than us. We can still believe!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here