Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is fan “bellendery” inevitable?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just read apparently he told police he didn’t intend to make contact, as predicted.

He also claims to have drunk 7 points leading up to the incident, wonder if they drug tested him as well, maybe not if he admitted guilt and handed himself in?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just read apparently he told police he didn’t intend to make contact, as predicted.

He also claims to have drunk 7 points leading up to the incident, wonder if they drug tested him as well, maybe not if he admitted guilt and handed himself in?

I have watched the video multiple times, watched as he ducks his head into Sharp’s as he runs past, then I read his statement to the police and I think...

BOLLOCKS

You’re a lying ****...!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Pitch invasion at goodison this evening after they won and secured their premier league safety.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Load of Port Vale fans running onto the pitch and dishing it out to Swindon players just now as well, commentators saying there were punches thrown. Something's got to be done about this nonsense.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Vale fan or fans punched Swindon players after their playoff game (vale won on pens).
Vierra caught up in scuffles after the Everton - Palace game.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
That's complete bollocks. You simply can't blame Covid lockdowns for some people acting like *****...

Unfortunately there will always be a subset of society who think this sort of behaviour is acceptable, like having a fight on a Friday or Saturday night out boozing!

Trouble is, the minority is way too big a minority. If widen the picture to society in general, there’s now a massive Underclass of people that cannot be controlled, with scant regard for anyone but themselves. They lack morales and manners, believing money means behaving however you like. The rights without responsibility generation. We live in the age of the individual, and pay a heavy price for widespread narcissism.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Trouble is, the minority is way too big a minority. If widen the picture to society in general, there’s now a massive Underclass of people that cannot be controlled, with scant regard for anyone but themselves. They lack morales and manners, believing money means behaving however you like. The rights without responsibility generation. We live in the age of the individual, and pay a heavy price for widespread narcissism.

Sad, but true...

Jimmy Grimble

Might be interesting if Leeds survive on Sunday. Could easily see their fans invading at Griffin Park.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So in answer to those on here that suggested that Forest “fan” should do a bit of bird to act as a deterrent……

He hasn't done the bird yet.

And news travels slowly to Swindon.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Load of Port Vale fans running onto the pitch and dishing it out to Swindon players just now as well, commentators saying there were punches thrown. Something's got to be done about this nonsense.

Cut a few goolies off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that it in ANY WAY justifies what happened at Forest, but apparently Sharp and McBurnie (subs) were engaged in some ongoing "bants" with the Forest fans behind the dugouts throughout the game. So that ended well.

McBurnie has previous, having been charged by the FA in 2020 after making gestures towards Cardiff fans following a Swansea v Cardiff derby. He got a penalty notice from police for involvement in a fight last year. Oh, and he's a convicted drink-driver, fined £28k and banned for 16 months in 2019.

Billy Sharp, to my knowledge, passed away peacefully at the Amex stadium in 2011. So I have no idea as to his involvement the other night.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not that it in ANY WAY justifies what happened at Forest, but apparently Sharp and McBurnie (subs) were engaged in some ongoing "bants" with the Forest fans behind the dugouts throughout the game. So that ended well.

McBurnie has previous, having been charged by the FA in 2020 after making gestures towards Cardiff fans following a Swansea v Cardiff derby. He got a penalty notice from police for involvement in a fight last year. Oh, and he's a convicted drink-driver, fined £28k and banned for 16 months in 2019.

Billy Sharp, to my knowledge, passed away peacefully at the Amex stadium in 2011. So I have no idea as to his involvement the other night.

I don't have any problem whasoever with players (or managers) winding up supporters (as long as they don't make racist or homophobic gestures). Same rules for them as for us. Scott McGleish always made a bee line for our supporters when warming up, so he could flex himself in our general direction. It gives us the opportunity to think up something mocking and funny. I would have preferred "We're still here, and you're still shit, doo dah" to the tedious "...is a wanker" but I can't have everything.

None of this gives anyone the right to get close up and personal. So on this occasion I'm in the side of Mr McBurnie.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I also don’t see any problem with players engaging with supporters. It happens in other sports eg cricket. A couple of years ago we went to Anfield and the away end were singing ‘you’re just a shit James Milner’ at Wayne Henderson who was warming up in front of us. Also lots of jeers when he stepped over the touch line and he was enjoying it and playing up to it. Nobody got upset and nobody punched him. I reckon this was because we were all civilized human beings with boundaries rather than knobbeads…

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
[tweet]1528446811735826433[/tweet]

what a bunch of absolute morons. So let them be deducted 3 points with immediate effect and in doing so lose the title. I know it won’t happen but if it did then these pratts may start to behave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here