Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I’m giving up social care.. anyone else?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
but again most office workers need some qualifications - A levels etc. my cousin fekked up school badly, left with no qualifications and works on the bins earning over 35k a year , doing basically 30 hours a week at most ,and that was 5 years ago.

Oh and i bumped (not lterally) into a guy "cleaning" brighton streets the other day and using his long stick and pidly little brooom picked up approximately 1/3 of the debri that was on the pavement, leaving coke cans and used chip wrappers which would be the easiest thing in the world to remove and were most unsightly but when i dared to question why he left them he snapped back "dont blame me its bloody health and safety, we are not allowed to bend down and the items are too big to be picked up by this useless brush the give us". With that he walked away. Slightly off subject but my pint being that seems like a damn easy risk free, stress free job for minimum wage. Seems their work isnt checked that often too so he can pretty much do as little as possible and nobody seems to care. That last bit obviously speculation but if he doesnt pick up cans or waste paper that doesnt leave a lot in some areas.

I totally get your point. But also, who among us would do that job? It seems thankless to me. I’ve been working nights and at about 5 am every morning I take some rubbish out, every day for the whole five years I’ve been there, the same lady is out every morning with her cart, working away. A bloody hero.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh and i bumped (not lterally) into a guy "cleaning" brighton streets the other day and using his long stick and pidly little brooom picked up approximately 1/3 of the debri that was on the pavement, leaving coke cans and used chip wrappers which would be the easiest thing in the world to remove and were most unsightly but when i dared to question why he left them he snapped back "dont blame me its bloody health and safety, we are not allowed to bend down and the items are too big to be picked up by this useless brush the give us". With that he walked away. Slightly off subject but my pint being that seems like a damn easy risk free, stress free job for minimum wage. Seems their work isnt checked that often too so he can pretty much do as little as possible and nobody seems to care. That last bit obviously speculation but if he doesnt pick up cans or waste paper that doesnt leave a lot in some areas.

At least in a nice warm cosy office you don’t have members of the public poking their nose into your work. :smile:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
but again most office workers need some qualifications - A levels etc. my cousin fekked up school badly, left with no qualifications and works on the bins earning over 35k a year , doing basically 30 hours a week at most ,and that was 5 years ago.

I haven’t lived in Hove for a while now but when I did the streets were pretty clean as was the beach. I’m sure there are some slackers, just as there are others who have pride in their job and work harder. Its the same with all jobs.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I totally get your point. But also, who among us would do that job? It seems thankless to me. I’ve been working nights and at about 5 am every morning I take some rubbish out, every day for the whole five years I’ve been there, the same lady is out every morning with her cart, working away. A bloody hero.

30 hours a week/£35k on the bins? Are you sure? Not the most pleasant of jobs but these days they don't even have to lug the bins onto the cart. Where do I sign up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here