Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If we ever get safe standing at The Amex...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
...I expect it would be in a corner like this, and I hope we can use it like experts such as The Green Brigade...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Would rather sit now
So you wouldn't want the NS to actually get coordinated and belt out songs like that?

The atmosphere in the first half today was embarrassing; it was like the NS had an attack of shyness. It got going second half when the goals were flying in but I don't reckon that is good enough...

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Oh yes, the Green Brigade who regularly sing about political causes such as Palestine (there’s a time and a place for that) and deliberately wrecked any attempt to pay respect to the Queen when she died.

And that doesn’t even cover their sectarian bigotry and songs about the IRA.

Those few thousand in that corner give decent Celtic fans a bad name. If we get safe standing at the Amex, the Green Brigade is the exact opposite of what it should be like.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
God this is so dull. Same old same old. The north stand stand for christ's sakes. What effing difference do you think safe standing rail seats will make. Cue claims of anecdotal evidence of bruised shins on the seat in front!!!!

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
God this is so dull. Same old same old. The north stand stand for christ's sakes. What effing difference do you think safe standing rail seats will make. Cue claims of anecdotal evidence of bruised shins on the seat in front!!!!
You are missing the point. At the moment those who want to stand and sing are distributed across the the NS in clusters with clumps of mutes in between. If we had a proper safe standing block you would have to apply to be in there on the basis that you were going to cause a racket and not just sit sucking a Werthers. Why is this so difficult to understand?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Green brigade are a load of bigoted IRA loving retards. And they smell.
Thank you for your 29th but very valuable contribution Wallace; I've been told that you only change your pants once a week and that girls won't sit next to you...

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Oh yes, the Green Brigade who regularly sing about political causes such as Palestine (there’s a time and a place for that) and deliberately wrecked any attempt to pay respect to the Queen when she died.

And that doesn’t even cover their sectarian bigotry and songs about the IRA.

Those few thousand in that corner give decent Celtic fans a bad name. If we get safe standing at the Amex, the Green Brigade is the exact opposite of what it should be like.
Hahahahaha! So in your world Peter it's a disgrace not to love Her Maj and football fans should only express non-controversial opinions in song such as "we'll all be having a party when Wilfred Zaha dies" (a favourite ditty with some Brighton fans). Anyway, the point of the OP was that the singing in that safe standing corner at Celtic is amazing, and we could really do with something similar at The Amex.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Hahahahaha! So in your world Peter it's a disgrace not to love Her Maj and football fans should only express non-controversial opinions in song such as "we'll all be having a party when Wilfred Zaha dies" (a favourite ditty with some Brighton fans). Anyway, the point of the OP was that the singing in that safe standing corner at Celtic is amazing, and we could really do with something similar at The Amex.
Whether you loved or disliked Her Maj, any decent human beings would have been able to abstain from showing the level of disrespect towards her for 1 minute that they did. One ******g minute, that was all, not spending their time making childish banners and deliberately upsetting a high % of their fellow countrymen. I wouldn’t condone the Zaha song either. My point was that rather than supporting the team, they have chosen to turn it into a self-publicity exercise spouting views allegedly on behalf of the other 58,000 in the stadium, without those other 58,000 ever having a say.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You are missing the point. At the moment those who want to stand and sing are distributed across the the NS in clusters with clumps of mutes in between. If we had a proper safe standing block you would have to apply to be in there on the basis that you were going to cause a racket and not just sit sucking a Werthers. Why is this so difficult to understand?
I agree with the OP, this block is likely to be the corner where the Police box is.

Where the noisiest fans already are.

Therefore what difference will it make? I didn’t realise fans would have to apply to stand there, what happens to the existing fans with ST’s in this area? And will other fans say behind the goal relocate to the corner? I very much doubt it.

I don’t disagree with safe standing but in terms of atmosphere, I really don’t see how anything will change for the above reasons. Please explain a little further please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here