Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] How is your shed ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I bloody well like a good shed I really do. Got a fridge and a freezer in mine.

Aye. I have my old Neff fridge freezer, plus another smaller freezer in my shed. The fridge is full of cider. The freezers have a bit of food in them.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I finished painting my shed today, I gave it the first coat yesterday and another coat today.
Nice to be out in the sun doings something useful :smile:
Fitted some new hinges and a new lock a few weeks back, also repaired some of the timber and had a major tidy up.
I need to put new felt on the roof, it got some felt but I want to fit a new ply or OSB roof first, but can't seem to buy any at the moment.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I finished painting my shed today, I gave it the first coat yesterday and another coat today.
Nice to be out in the sun doings something useful :smile:
Fitted some new hinges and a new lock a few weeks back, also repaired some of the timber and had a major tidy up.
I need to put new felt on the roof, it got some felt but I want to fit a new ply or OSB roof first, but can't seem to buy any at the moment.

It's a real challenge isn't it! I've quite enjoyed that side of things, trying to source stuff - I've discovered more local providers that don't have such an online presence but once you get in touch, really helpful. Good luck!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I have a garage that's my main focus for bike restorations so the "shed" which is quite large is the dumping ground and is a bit hectic at the moment, just a path way in,
A few days prior to the lockdown i got busy ordering plasterboard/plaster, tiles and bathroom suite so been busy gutting the bathroom since the start of being at home for the last couple of weeks so once i have finish the new once bathroom at the end of this week. i can attack the shed

Going to empty it all out to get rid of the "that will come in handy one day" bits. and anything that i have not used or needed in the last 6 months and get rid.
Managed to find a couple of empty "jumbo bags" that i can store all the rubbish being thrown away until we can get out again. so thankfully ive not been bored yet !

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Some of the felt blew off ours in January and I managed to repair it with heavyweight plastic. Managed to get one of those rubber membrane kits and put it on last Friday! Also put on a new shelf and tidied it up👍

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It's a real challenge isn't it! I've quite enjoyed that side of things, trying to source stuff - I've discovered more local providers that don't have such an online presence but once you get in touch, really helpful. Good luck!

Can't say I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to source materials, I'm also struggling to find some cement for a few small jobs.
I think I'm used to just going down to the various industrial estates in Newhaven and picking up what I need.

Screwfix has a very good click and collect system, I use Screwfix most days for my business anyway, I think Toolstation also have a similar system.
B & Q website didn't seem to have anything I was trying to buy in stock or for delivery.
Travis Perkins and Parker Building supplies are both closed locally.

One local small timber supplies are taking phone orders and delivering, but I must have phoned them 40 times and not got through.

I did look online for ply but some suppliers had minimum orders of £500 :ohmy: and some wouldn't deliver to my area.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Can't say I'm enjoying the challenge of trying to source materials, I'm also struggling to find some cement for a few small jobs.
I think I'm used to just going down to the various industrial estates in Newhaven and picking up what I need.

Screwfix has a very good click and collect system, I use Screwfix most days for my business anyway, I think Toolstation also have a similar system.
B & Q website didn't seem to have anything I was trying to buy in stock or for delivery.

One local small timber supplies are taking phone orders and delivering, but I must have phoned them 40 times and not got through.

I did look online for ply but some suppliers had minimum orders of £500 :ohmy: and some wouldn't deliver to my area.

Wickes are still doing click and collect and delivery, but there is a long queue for the website, and they are running low on stocks of some materials.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wickes are still doing click and collect and delivery, but there is a long queue for the website, and they are running low on stocks of some materials.

Cheers, a few friends have suggested Wikes.
I tried to get a delivery but their site said they are not delivering to Newhaven, I wanted to buy five 8 X 4 sheets of OSB, to do the shed roof and board out the inside, I'm not sure the roof rack on my small van is strong enough to carry that many sheets from Brighton or Eastbourne if I do click and collect.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

That does sound like ball-ache - I'm probably only saying I enjoyed it because I got everything! I message the supplier last night (local quarry) got back to me in 30 mins to say he'd call this morning to sort delivery, awesome service.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here