Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How did you rate our rejects tonight?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sanchez looked like a rabbit in the headlights, Caicedo anonymous, Cucurella weak first half improved second, Colwill anonymous.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I thought Sanchez was shocking, if we’d scored from his mistakes they would turned on them.

Dint really notice Colwill or Caicedo. Thought Cucu had a good game - took a bit of a kicking
Indeed. Such a shame we didn't take advantage. They'd be on his back and the calls to get Ramsdale in would increase and poor sulky Bob could find himself no.2 again

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Enjoyed the full blooded challenge between Pervis and Cucurella second half, battle of our left backs. Not sure why they celebrated like they had won the cup but there you go.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
People talk a lot on the “Brighton fleecing Chelsea” topic about Caicedo, Cucurella and Potter, but honestly Sanchez might be the worst bit of business I’ve seen one of the big 6 do in a long time

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I did think Cole Palmer was good. I know it was a long shot him coming to us, but would have been interesting to see how RDZ woud use him. Maybe we can just wait for Chelsea to ruin him and get rid on the cheap.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
People talk a lot on the “Brighton fleecing Chelsea” topic about Caicedo, Cucurella and Potter, but honestly Sanchez might be the worst bit of business I’ve seen one of the big 6 do in a long time
He’s a decent keeper.

The only frustration of last night is how overwhelmingly average Chelsea were, provided nothing other than a couple of long balls, then scored an iffy possible offside goal, and more than likely should’ve been down to 10. Caicedo provides nothing to that team, a complete waste. Sanchez other than a couple of routine stops that were straight at him, was abysmal.
We were controlling the game in midfield and Chelsea can only respond with an ankle breaker of a tackle there. We were robbed. Was philosophical enough when I thought it was just our poor finishing that let them off the hook - but the fact that the ref had a big hand in it too means I'm still spitting bricks a day on

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He’s a decent keeper.
He's an OK shot stopper. He's not even remotely suited to the modern goalkeeping tactics of a sweeper-keeper employed by all the top teams these days (including us). It's such a massive backward step for a club the size of Chelsea to have him as their number one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
😂

Marc Cucurella​

Fee: £56m plus £7m in add-ons
Chelsea fate: Now their third or fourth choice left-back
How Brighton replaced him: With a much better left-back

After one season at Brighton, in which he flittered between orthodox left-back and a centre-half in a back three, it made sense for Thomas Tuchel's Chelsea to make a move for Marc Cucurella. Hey, remember Thomas Tuchel?

For that price as well as sending Levi Colwill down to the south coast on loan, the Spaniard had to hit the ground running. He essentially crash-landed and is yet to recover.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I was listening on the wireless and following on the BBC Sport live blog thingy and I thought they were all – to a man – absolutely shitehouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here