Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Hot Chip outstore show at Chalk August 19th on sale NOW - 12 quid

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Coo just bought me a ticket without even knowing why. Got a good few weeks to swot up on Hot Chip and see if twelve quid was/is a sound investment. Which I guess is a roundabout way of saying tickets were still available (one per person) as of 5 minutes ago.

Worth it based on the crowd last time. No dickheads, everyone up for it — which can feel like a rarity in Brighton. HC were duly excellent.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Am I the only one who didn't have a clue about what the thread title was all about - or even what derivation of the English language it was written in?

Yes. Yes you are :lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes. Yes you are :lolol:

Very unlikely - to the rest of the world 'Hot Chip outstore' makes as much - or as little (i.e zero) sense - as 'Chalk August'. Though I suspect you've got Chalk August's entire back catalogue on vinyl, cd or itunes! Looking forward to a link to some examples on here ...............................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Coo just bought me a ticket without even knowing why. Got a good few weeks to swot up on Hot Chip and see if twelve quid was/is a sound investment. Which I guess is a roundabout way of saying tickets were still available (one per person) as of 5 minutes ago.

Footnote: last time I went to Chalk was to see Pussy Riot in 2017. Out of the goodness of me heart I wrote it up for NSC when I got home. Went to read Argus review of the gig the day after and - imagine my surprise dear reader - some NSC twunt had ripped off my review, polished up a couple of words, and passed it off and sold it on as his own work. Classy. Still, revenge is sweet, as they say. I tweeted every single publication he'd ever contributed to, pointing out his plagiarism. Take THAT ****! Best of all, fellow NSCer [MENTION=34281]pearl[/MENTION] somehow knew that the **** in question was a habitue of the North Stand and reported back that she'd taken great delight in subsequently treading on his white suede shoes with her DMs. Top work! I still owe you one for that mate :bowdown:

:blush::blush::blush:
Jesus .... I'd forgotten about that!
I still have the water bottle Pussy Riot threw at my head

BTW ... Chalk is round the corner from where the Haunt was.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
God I'm confused. I thought they wes using some of the Haunt premises but clearly they are not, looking at google maps.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Am I the only one who didn't have a clue about what the thread title was all about - or even what derivation of the English language it was written in?

I watched Fontaines DC on YouTube performing outside Rough Trade in the snow .... I presumed it was an Outstore event, seems I was wrong

Don't suppose you know what the fek 'Dinked' means? ................ (thought not)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Video unavailable.
Playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner.

Mediocre try - Chalk August clearly never existed! (PIL would appear to be irrelevant in this instance*. As would 'Brighton Chalk' to most of the outside world.......)

* Nothing new there then .................... :)

If you click on the video it will play.:facepalm:

In the unlikliy even it won't copy and paste the url

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
** FREE TO GOOD HOME **

Alas alack, I've got a ticket for Friday night that I now can't use (too close to me holiday to risk catching covid in small enclosed gig)

Ticket is in form of downloadable pdf. Will also forward email with timings etc and some email correspondence with Resident who have given me their blessing to pass the ticket to someone who would enjoy the show rather than see it wasted (the ticket, that is, not the recipient :lol:)

PM me if interested. Ta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here