Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Honestly what did people expect today z??!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Arsenal were really good value today at 4/7 and at 21/10 for the title ( outsiders of the three ) well...its the value bet of the trio chasing the title.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
No but expected to have a right go at them and for the players not to mentally be checking out
Until the second goal we were giving it a go imo :shrug:

Mentally checked out just isn’t true, we just weren’t good enough and have become way too predicable. When I can call the passes as we go forward you can be sure the opposition can too.

If I have one major gripe it’s to question why Gross takes all the set pieces, they are generally absolute shite these days.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Until the second goal we were giving it a go imo :shrug:

Mentally checked out just isn’t true
I believe it too be true , here we go again different of opinion so I must be wrong we are all entitled to an opinion, how many shots we have on target did we actually trouble them in slightest they where in 2nd gear

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I believe it too be true , here we go again different of opinion so I must be wrong we are all entitled to an opinion, how many shots we have on target did we actually trouble them in slightest they where in 2nd gear
Where have I said you can’t have an opinion, I just don’t agree with it. Not being able to break teams down is not the same as mentally checking out, again just imo.

Players are becoming too scared/nervous to do something “off the cuff” other than Enciso

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No but expected to have a right go at them and for the players not to mentally be checking out
Jeez - tough crowd.

We were going toe-to-toe with them, pretty much until the second goal, with both sides playing good stuff. They looked sharper in the attacking third, which is to be expected given the quality they have, and the quality we currently have on the physio's table.

I don't believe for one second the players have or did "check out", but many of them are clearly running on fumes and carrying aches and pains aplenty.

Arsenal were seriously impressive - great with the ball, working their bollocks off without it, inventive with set pieces and well-versed in the dark arts/game management. They had it all. We gave it a go, but there's no shame in losing to that side right now.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Jeez - tough crowd.

We were going toe-to-toe with them, pretty much until the second goal, with both sides playing good stuff. They looked sharper in the attacking third, which is to be expected given the quality they have, and the quality we currently have on the physio's table.

I don't believe for one second the players have or did "check out", but many of them are clearly running on fumes and carrying aches and pains aplenty.

Arsenal were seriously impressive - great with the ball, working their bollocks off without it, inventive with set pieces and well-versed in the dark arts/game management. They had it all. We gave it a go, but there's no shame in losing to that side right now.
They where in 2nd gear thought the game if we had of scored or been in contention they would of upped it , fed up with mediocre performances since jan if you want teams to play against us and have an easy day while away fans sit the home end we clap away attendances that’s fine I don’t

Last edited:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I expected us to lose, but hoped we might get something. I hoped we would play well and get a break.

we did play well in parts, tried our best and got beaten by the better team. No argument about the result.

But Ben White can go *uck himself along with the officials.

Exilegull

Mar 14, 2024
I was expecting nothing and given a little more imho we were ok by our new standards. Slick passing decent defending just 0 belief or confidence. Dont get why only 3 subs tho need to save legs when possible

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They top of the league
They outclassed us at the Emirates

We couldn’t break down a poor Brentford team.

Though we expected to win ?
Sod off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Put the booze down and go to bed.
It disappoints me that this thread has rumbled on with supposedly normal fans posting supposedly considered replies.

f*** me, what a world.

My response is the post above. :shrug:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
You’ve
It disappoints me that this thread has rumbled on with supposedly normal fans posting supposedly considered replies.

f*** me, what a world.

My response is the post ab

f*** me, what a world.

My response is the post above. :shrug:
You’ve just got the hump because you’ve got now serious competition as this message board’s resident “prick”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You’ve

You’ve just got the hump because you’ve got now serious competition as this message board’s resident “prick”
Bang to rights. :thumbsup:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We could have been 2/3 goals down before they scored and in first half although we competed well could no more than admire Arsenals play. Disapointed with 2nd half which was our poorest half against a top team. Didnt cause them any trouble. Does not help with both Fati and Buonanotte on pitch who are both individual rather than team players. Both just seem to be after spetacular and just try and beat players but most of time just lost the ball. Same could be said of Enrisco who to be fair is not a winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here