Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] He's 18

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
My Dad hated bunks and rues the day hammocks were stopped. My first husband was on Eagle 70-72.

They did make a lot of sense in that you lashed up and stowed away every morning so very space saving! That was a bit of a pain but they were very comfortable.

The Eagle ran aground in Plymouth IIRC. That gave us a laugh as we sailed past.:ROFLMAO:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanks very much! Way to make me feel old or what? Fact is I am very old, 75, and I only remember the good times mostly. No idea how I got here. I remember calling 30 year old 3 badge men silly old gits at one time. When you are 18 they did seem ancient, I remember that.

I also said this to another nsc person, genuinely, that number comes as a surprise. Your musings on the world come across as from a much younger, vibrant soul :rave::lol:. In essence, the opposite of a grumpy man.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I also said this to another nsc person, genuinely, that number comes as a surprise. Your musings on the world come across as from a much younger, vibrant soul :rave::lol:. In essence, the opposite of a grumpy man.
Cheers mate. You have no idea how much that has cheered me up. My eldest daughter quite often says similar but then she is Daddy’s girl!

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Had that Eagle been active at the tail end of WW2?

Separately, anyone here see Vanguard? My Dad saw it in the 50’s off of Brighton, the crew were ferried to the piers I think for shore leave. He said it was vast.
Eagle and Ark Royal were sister ships and the Ark never saw service in WW11 I’m fairly sure. Don’t know about Eagle though but I doubt it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cheers mate. You have no idea how much that has cheered me up. My eldest daughter quite often says similar but then she is Daddy’s girl!

Don’t ever become one of the always angry men on here :lolol: .

I’ve got a lovely bond with daughter too. I’ll do anything for my kids, I’ve been there for her in times of trouble. Priceless.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They did make a lot of sense in that you lashed up and stowed away every morning so very space saving! That was a bit of a pain but they were very comfortable.

The Eagle ran aground in Plymouth IIRC. That gave us a laugh as we sailed past.:ROFLMAO:
That meant he got weekend leave, and my son was born at Southlands, just after midnight. I was in labour. when he rang to tell me he could get home.
The navigating officer got court martialed. 😂

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here