Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Help please , posting images on the Board

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I have difficulty with this.... I generally use an IPad on the board running IOS and Safari, although I will turn to the Chrome Book for this function if it works better.
I cannot find the URL of online images . So I can download pics to post up from my photos.
I would like to join in the “ Old Brighton Postcards” thread , but the only way I know to get an image from Google street view is to take a screenshot. When I attempt to post this, I get the message that this too big to load...
How do you all do it?
Thanks for any assistance. I am an old technophobe.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I have difficulty with this.... I generally use an IPad on the board running IOS and Safari, although I will turn to the Chrome Book for this function if it works better.
I cannot find the URL of online images . So I can download pics to post up from my photos.
I would like to join in the “ Old Brighton Postcards” thread , but the only way I know to get an image from Google street view is to take a screenshot. When I attempt to post this, I get the message that this too big to load...
How do you all do it?
Thanks for any assistance. I am an old technophobe.
Resize it.

Previous thread - helpful

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've upped the image size three times in the last week - it now stands at 7,000kb (just under 7MB).

I've just upped it again to 10,000kb.

I really don't want to make it any higher than that, as images that size are just too unwieldy for slower connections and there are plenty of free. easy re-sizers which will shrink image file sizes down significantly with little/no loss of quality.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Anyone using Windows can use 'Paint' which is already installed.

Very simple, click on the thingy above 'image' then reduce the pixels to about 800 width. Job's a fish.

Paint.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here