Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Have the holy trinity peaked ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Lewis, Pascal and Solly have done a brilliant job ably supported by a world cup winner and one of the best up and coming defensive midfielders in the world together with some wonderful young kids.

So have they peaked ? I suspect not :wink:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
But we have another trinity soon to form, an ex-England, model-pro, 1,189 EPL appearances threesome to guide our younger boys through next season with skill, example setting and happy meals!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I’m really struggling to see how any of them could have a better season than this one. Maybe Dunk could. The other two have surely maximised every single ounce of their ability?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Lewis, Pascal and Solly have done a brilliant job ably supported by a world cup winner and one of the best up and coming defensive midfielders in the world together with some wonderful young kids.

So have they peaked ? I suspect not :wink:
No, they haven't peaked.
Solly's going to come out like a rabbit out of the traps, Lewis is going to be buzzing from his England games & Pascal is going to be consistently Pascal. That does sound like I'm putting Pascal down, I'm not, he's brilliant, he's cool, calm & collected & goes under the radar for a lot of people. Especially members of the opposite team, which makes him even better! 🙂

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't care.

I'd rather lose with them than win without them - until such time as THEY decide it's not in the squads best interest to play for the Albion.

We've had all this shite over the last 2 off seasons, with Groß, a third one would be incredibly disrespectful for a player who has only shown us respect.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The young players need the experienced ones to get them through a game.

And it's best not to think of it as a peak like Everest. More like Table Mountain. I expect a similar level of performance from all 3 next season.

I'd also add in Lallana. He'll certainly feature prominently next season and I expect a similar high level of performance to the ones we saw before his injury.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, they haven't peaked.
Solly's going to come out like a rabbit out of the traps, Lewis is going to be buzzing from his England games & Pascal is going to be consistently Pascal. That does sound like I'm putting Pascal down, I'm not, he's brilliant, he's cool, calm & collected & goes under the radar for a lot of people. Especially members of the opposite team, which makes him even better! 🙂
Do you think he may get a wasp in his track suit while sitting on the bench?

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
The young players need the experienced ones to get them through a game.

And it's best not to think of it as a peak like Everest. More like Table Mountain. I expect a similar level of performance from all 3 next season.

I'd also add in Lallana. He'll certainly feature prominently next season and I expect a similar high level of performance to the ones we saw before his injury.
Table mountain isn’t as flat as it looks from afar when you’ve just climbed it in the searing heat

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I think Solly has benefited enormously from being selected in one position and fully expect him to kick on now. Remember he is 28(?) which is peak age for his position. I hope the best is yet to come which is an awesome thought. Thinking about it the holy trinity could all be said to be peak age just now.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Do you think he may get a wasp in his track suit while sitting on the bench?
Now you're being silly, as that would mean the wasp was buzzing. In my world Lewis is going to be a happy buzzing bee scaring the opposition away. He will play every game, get MOTM each game & Southgate will be sacked as he didn't pick him sooner. I'm sticking with my alternative reality vision, until the first match & he's on the bench. :lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think the fact that RDZ has regularly mentioned them as important members of the squad shows you how highly he values them. Will all three of them be as good/consistent as this season? Who knows? I wouldn't put it past them. Solly comes back post-injury looking to pick up where he left off, Lewis is buoyed by international appearances and motivated to push harder and Pascal? Well, he'll just keep on doing what he's being doing since he arrived: assisting, scoring, Groß turning and generally being a bloody legend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here