Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Has your voting intention changed since the election was called?

Has your voting intention changed since the General Election was called?

• No, I will vote for the same party I already had in mind

Votes: 151 65.7%
  • Yes, I have changed my mind and will vote differently

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • I did not know who I was going to vote for, but do now

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • I didn't know who I was going to vote for, and still don't

Votes: 17 7.4%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No I voted Green. I don't agree with all this tactical voting bllocks. Vote for the party you respect the most and in 2019 it most certainly is NOT the main 3 parties and their awful leaders

I don't agree with all this FPTP bollocks that makes it necessary to adopt all this tactical voting bollocks :wink:

But at the end of the day, everyone can only do what is right by them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The poll needs an option that says, "I was going to vote but have decided not to."

This is where I have ended up.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
My intentions have changed since the Brexit vote.

I was going to respect the outcome of the next election, but now, if the party I vote for loses I'm going to call for another election next week, because the people have a right to change their minds and the people who voted different from me had no idea what they were voting for.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't agree with all this FPTP bollocks that makes it necessary to adopt all this tactical voting bollocks :wink:

But at the end of the day, everyone can only do what is right by them.

Correct. It was like being asked to vote for the least awful leader. My Green vote might be considered a wasted vote but not to me, voting Tory, Labour or Liberal Undemocrats would have been a wasted vote for me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No I voted Green. I don't agree with all this tactical voting bllocks. Vote for the party you respect the most and in 2019 it most certainly is NOT the main 3 parties and their awful leaders
Absolutely but that doesn't help within our current system, esp living where we do.

You can't deny the fact that your vote for 2.4% Green, is a vote for 48.9% the odious Tory toad Loughton.

Now I'm certainly not disputing the main 3 parties and their awful leaders aren't deserving of our vote, but in the current climate I just don't see Green as an option. (I voted Green last time).

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Absolutely but that doesn't help within our current system, esp living where we do.

You can't deny the fact that your vote for 2.4% Green, is a vote for 48.9% the odious Tory toad Loughton.

Now I'm certainly not disputing the main 3 parties and their awful leaders aren't deserving of our vote, but in the current climate I just don't see Green as an option. (I voted Green last time).

This is why the whole sytem is so laughable. You had admitted you want to vote Green, believe in Green the most but will not be voting Green

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is why the whole sytem is so laughable. You had admitted you want to vote Green, believe in Green the most but will not be voting Green
I previously voted Green partly as a 'protest' vote and partly as a small attempt to make Green a bigger issue going forward.

But obviously we're in a very different election this time.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
My intentions have changed since the Brexit vote.

I was going to respect the outcome of the next election, but now, if the party I vote for loses I'm going to call for another election next week, because the people have a right to change their minds and the people who voted different from me had no idea what they were voting for.

Look up the difference between an advisory vote, and a General Election. Then you wont look such a tit.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Look up the difference between an advisory vote, and a General Election. Then you wont look such a tit.

To be honest Dave, I can see why you never got offered a second audition for the new host of Question Time.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

If you say, "whatever you decide, we will implement" then it's not advisory really is it.

Advice which you commit to take before you hear it makes it an instruction.

Doesn't matter anyway. I simply will not accept the outcome of this election if the side I vote for loses.

These are the new rules now. The beds been made. Now we have to lay in it. The pie has been baked. Now we have to eat it.

The only way my side could lose this election is if it is rigged and invalid, based on lies and ignorance.

Of course, if my side win it was clean as a whistle.

Get with the program.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
If you say, "whatever you decide, we will implement" then it's not advisory really is it.

Doesn't matter anyway. I simply will not accept the outcome of this election if the side I vote for loses.

These are the new rules now. The beds been made. Now we have to lay in it. The pie has been baked. Now we have to eat it.

The only way my side could lose this election is if it is rigged and invalid, based on lies and ignorance.

Get with the program.

Based on lies? Sorry, I didnt realise you were a Labour Party supporter :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Get with the program.

When will you accept that democracy didn't end in 2016 when a poorly structured referendum was won by a thin majority?

You are venting your anger on the wrong people, I know those that lied to you have your scarf on, but they still lied to you

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
When will you accept that democracy didn't end in 2016 when a poorly structured referendum was won by a thin majority?

You are venting your anger on the wrong people, I know those that lied to you have your scarf on, but they still lied to you

Lied about what, sorry? Do you think it makes any difference to me if it's £350M per week, or £200M per week? or £50M per week? Think I (or anyone) would have voted differently?

In this election we are told the NHS is for sale to U.S. companies.

Exposed as a lie.

I'm not venting anger either. We no longer accept when we lose a democratic vote in this country. This is the new reality. If you don't like it, blame those who created it, it wasn't me. But I'm not about to "turn the other cheek", sorry. It's your medicine, so taste it.

(assuming I lose, which I probably will because I wrote in Graham Potter).

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Yes, it may or may not have been poorly structured, as you suggest. but all parties were in favour, assuming that the vote would go to stay -even the Farages of this world were, I think, quite astonished. But be honest, had the vote gone the other way, and the leavers moaned about the structure, you would not then have bothered about such trivia.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Perhaps you should have told the ERG that when they had a chance to implement it and didn’t.

Which brings us back to that age old point. Which Brexit was it promised to implement? No Deal, Norway Lite or somewhere in between? Hard border with NI? Customs Union?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 30, 2008
Perhaps you should have told the ERG that when they had a chance to implement it and didn’t.

Which brings us back to that age old point. Which Brexit was it promised to implement? No Deal, Norway Lite or somewhere in between? Hard border with NI? Customs Union?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEAVE OR REMAIN, leave won so we leave, no deal is a possibility, there was no mention of leave with a deal on the ballot paper............. live with it
regards
DF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here