[Albion] Gross goal offside?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

alanfp

Feb 23, 2024
Why not scrap the offside rule, like some other sports have done (notably hockey).

... at least trial it and see how it plays out.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Why not scrap the offside rule, like some other sports have done (notably hockey).

... at least trial it and see how it plays out.
Large attacking player stands in front of the goalkeeper at all times during the match to obstruct their view as teammates pepper the goal with shots.

That’s what I would be telling my players to do if the offside laws was scrapped.

alanfp

Feb 23, 2024
Good point!
I don't know if that's a problem in hockey - I guess it isn't... Anyone know???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Large attacking player stands in front of the goalkeeper at all times during the match to obstruct their view as teammates pepper the goal with shots.

That’s what I would be telling my players to do if the offside laws was scrapped.
Imagine how shit you'd feel if your sole job in a game was basically being a human wall. :D

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I just don’t understand why that took so long for VAR to figure out. Once the lines were drawn it seemed pretty clear. But must have been 4-5 minutes between ball hitting the net and decision being made.
Fitted some adverts in for the overseas broadcasters?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

You can't have that as it would mean our keeper is man-marked and so would totally destroy our fannying around at the back style of play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports