Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grant Wahl

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
He is an American soccer journalist reporting in Qatar for those who don't know. Apparently, he has passed away according to his brother via instagram and his brother thinks it is not a natural death. He was banned from entering a game due to wearing a pride shirt and has gotten death threats. Sad if true and fallout will be big if foul play is involved.We shall see.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
His death appears to have been confirmed by good sources.

Wading through all the speculative sewage in Twitter there appears to be a view that he collapsed in the stadium and was given CPR. Then taken to hospital.

Doubtless this will now become a conspiracy war between murder theorists and anti-vaxers. Such are the days.

RIP. Appears to have been a respected writer. Very sad.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
Absolutely shocking - I'd say he is the most prominent football journo in the US and has been been for a number of years (decades?), and universally thought of as an incredibly nice and principled guy. Just crazy and shocking news.

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 19.43.33.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 19.45.19.png

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Really liked his work and will be a big miss to US soccer.
The theories about his passing are very worrying though as they seem to go beyond the usual Covid nonsense.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
While there are pretty high-tech ways to cause a heart attack in someone these days, I just don't think the Qatari security services would do that - killing an American journalist - during the tournament... too much attention and very likely to result in a pretty thorough investigation. If he had died a few days or weeks after, I'd find it more suspicious.

Probably just a freak coincidence, though obviously the stress he was under could have played a role.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad, no age at all.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
He actually tweeted that he had visited hospital earlier in the week as he had been feeling unwell, but put it down to the stresses of covering the tournament, so very much a natural, but tragic, passing by the looks of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here