Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter interview (The Sun )

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I am reading this as him being in no hurry to leave as things stand :smile:

“It’s down to us British coaches to improve and work hard to get those opportunities when they come and if that’s what we want."

Horrible paper but read it as well.

I think he is very far from in a hurry to leave. Could see him in Brighton for another five years and then move somewhere where he can become the first English manager to win the PL.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I think he is very far from in a hurry to leave. Could see him in Brighton for another five years and then move somewhere where he can become the first English manager to win the PL.

Indeed. As a wise man once said "don't choose the club - choose the chairman".

He's clearly got a fantastic relationship with TB and the board. Eyebrows were raised in 2019 when he was given a 2 year contract extension to 2025 just 6 months into the job, and its not all been plain sailing since then. But TB has placed enormous faith in him, and is being richly rewarded for that faith, as are we all.

GP will be attracting bigger suiters than BHA, that is for certain. But I very much doubt they'd be offering the kind of long-security and influence that he enjoys here to really build and shape the squad and the club in the long term to his philosophy. It requires faith and patience from the top down, as well as from fans, and that is a very rare commodity in football. He may well have ambitions beyond BHA, but he'd be lucky to go somewhere and enjoy the same kind of culture he has here.

He could be our own Arsene Wenger (but with a better ending, hopefully).

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Does he say anything of interest? I’d rather stab myself in the eyes with a rusty screwdriver covered in dogshit that give that evil rag a single click.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Oh Swannie - why can't he stay here and become the first English manager to win the PL?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here