Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Getting to Football 2022-23

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
The new season's edition of the public transport users guide to Football Grounds has just been published. It covers all venues in England from Premier League to Non-League Step 6 (eg. Mile Oak, Arundel) and some other sports. IMHO indispensible. It will be probably updated in September to correct errors.

http://www.andyofkent.exofire.net/GTF_202223_1.pdf

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As Liverpool seems to be on the cards for 3pm Saturday, when should I start looking for 'cheap' train tickets?

Split My Fare doesn't have prices yet.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A fascinating source of advice, having been to most of the 92 league grounds (albeit a very a long time ago).

But so often, it depends which side you exit the train station from.

For example: "Cardiff City Cardiff City Stadium ... ½ mile. R out of station" - yes, if you exit on the south side, but if you exit on the north city centre) side and turn right, you'll be walking away from the ground!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
A fascinating compendium of advice, having been to most of the 92 league grounds (albeit a very a long time ago).

But so often, it depends which side you exit the train station from.

For example: "Cardiff City Cardiff City Stadium ... ½ mile. R out of station" - yes, if you exit on the south side, but if you exit on the north (city centre) side and turn right, you'll be walking away from the ground.

Repeat post for some inexplicable reason!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Bumped in case anyone who might benefit missed the thread when originally posted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Despite us being at the Amex for over 10 years now, I still feel like I don't know what the ideal way to get to and from the ground is.

I appreciate this is a REALLY boring question, but what have people settled on as the best way to get across, if you live along the coast to the West (ie Littlehampton-Worthing area)?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
F2193FA2-85D0-4C06-AD3B-C501CB01AADA.jpeg

Just looked this up, if coming into Newhaven Town station from either direction you have to turn left to head towards the ground when exiting the station, not right.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Despite us being at the Amex for over 10 years now, I still feel like I don't know what the ideal way to get to and from the ground is.

I appreciate this is a REALLY boring question, but what have people settled on as the best way to get across, if you live along the coast to the West (ie Littlehampton-Worthing area)?

When Amex first opened used to use Mithras park and ride , then trains when free zone extended from Shoreham to Worthing until finally i could stand the sh*t service and overcrowding no more , now 4 of us take it in turns to drive to Mill road park and ride which i also used for England's 1/4 final .

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Andy E always welcomes corrections. I have done so in the past. His email address is on page 2.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Thing is it's changed over that time. 10 years ago the attendances were a lot less compared to the regular 30k crowds now. The extra people now sure do make a difference to the train queue! I used to get the train regularly then as it was easier but now I nearly only ever drive as it is just that much quicker/hassle free (caveat: I've usually got kids in tow).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I've given up on the pre-match west coast trains. 4 carriages pulling up at Portslade absolutely RAMMED, with people having to force their way on...horrendous.
I've taken to getting a nice early 700 into town at about 12ish, having a leisurely pint and/or bite to eat with a newspaper, then heading up to Brighton station for about 1.45, 2 at the latest (for a 3pm obvs). All fairly pleasant and civilised, but then luckily I generally have all the time to do what I want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here