Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gazza in Brighton last night

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting how people still go and see a bloke who beat his wife on several occasions. Yet Mason Greenwood should never be seen in public again

Funny old world

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Interesting how people still go and see a bloke who beat his wife on several occasions. Yet Mason Greenwood should never be seen in public again

Funny old world
Probably comes down to how many goals they scored for England unfortunately

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but even with an apparent upswing Gazza is still high on my celebrity " Deadpool ". Which I might add would be very sad :(

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

Funny old world
To be fair to him, his alcohol, drug and mental issues were there for everyone to see.

So maybe people cut him a bit of slack knowing this.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
To be fair to him, his alcohol, drug and mental issues were there for everyone to see.

So maybe people cut him a bit of slack knowing this.
How much slack do you want to give him? He was a serial abuser, physically and mentally for a decade towards his wife while the football world worshipped him and ignored his behaviour off the pitch.

Drug, alcohol and MH issues are NOT an excuse for sexual and physical abuse.

We’d have to ‘give a bit of slack’ to 95% of abusive behaviour on those grounds - NO - there’s never valid ‘excuses’ only explanations and self justifications none of which makes it OK to ignore the elephant in the room …women that have cut their abusive partners slack on the grounds that they were drunk or on drugs and given in to their subsequent crocodile tearful mia culpas time and time again have eventually ended up dead. Sheryl did well to get away from him when she did but as is common with women in abusive relationships (or men), the abusers gaslighting their partners reactions to the abuse convinces them they are partly to blame and the whole toxic relationship becomes co-dependent, addictive and difficult to break away from.

When he was arrested for kissing a woman on the lips on a train in 2019 - his excuse? “I was trying to help a fat lass “ So not only sexually abusing her ( and managing to avoid conviction) but fat shaming her into the bargain- the guys a tool and always has been - addicts need our compassion and understanding but NOT our enabling or acceptance of their destructive behaviour.

TBH Given the reaction by NSCers to Rubiales kissing a member of Spain's women's team on the lips after the team won the World Cup last month, the degree with which a blind eye is turned to Gascoigne’s historic and repetitive abusive behaviour seems imo incongruous to say the least. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
How much slack do you want to give him? He was a serial abuser, physically and metally for a decade towards his wife while the football world worshipped him and ignored his behaviour off the pitch.

Drug, alcohol and MH issues are NOT an excuse for sexual and physical abuse?

We’d have to ‘give a bit of slack’ to 95% of abusive behaviour on those grounds - NO - there’s never excuses only explanations and self justifications none of which makes it OK to ignore the elephant in the room …women that have cut their abusive partners slack on the grounds that they were drunk or on drugs and given in to their subsequent crocodile tearful mia culpas time and time again have eventually ended up dead. Sheryl did well to get away from him when she did but as is common with women in abusive relationships (or men), the abusers gaslighting their partners reactions to the abuse convinces them they are partly to blame and the whole toxic relationship becomes co-dependent, addictive and difficult to break away from.

When he was arrested for kissing a woman on the lips on a train in 2019 - his excuse? “I was trying to help a fat lass “ So not only sexually abusing her ( and managing to avoid conviction) but fat shaming her into the bargain- the guys a tool and always has been - addicts need our compassion and understanding but NOT our enabling or acceptance of their destructive behaviour.

TBH Given the reaction by NSCers Rubiales kissing a member of Spain's women's team on the lips after the team won the World Cup last month, the degree with which a blind eye is turned to Gascoigne’s historic and repetitive abusive behaviour seems imo incongruous to say the least. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I bet you are a right laugh

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I bet you are a right laugh
… and I bet you have never had to rush a woman to A&E after she’s been beaten up by her partner for the umpteenth time or had to call paramedics out 3 separate times in one night to as a result of young people either over-dosing or attempting suicide as a direct result of emotional damage caused by domestic violence in the family home - all in the course of a night’s work at a night shelter and rehab centre …

So no, some things are not ‘a right laugh‘ nor ever should be laughed at by anyone who doesn't want to come across as a right dick.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to one of these talk things years ago, in Borehamwood of all places, with George Best and Rodney Marsh in the late 80s. Even at a very young age I found the 'we drank all night and played a blinder the next day' tales and 'banter' pretty tedious. I get to see the odd thing on soclal media with more recent players and it does not seem to have changed much.

Not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here