[Albion] Garth Crooks - Team of the week

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He also picked Sanchez against Man Utd. I thought it strange as Bob was a bit at fault for their goal. Crooks has a history of fixating on players and picking them if their team wins however they play. He used to pick Dunk virtually every week when Hughton was in charge. However, he's right to say that Sanchez's concentration and a couple of good saves from corners saved us from getting sucker punched at the end of a dominant performance.

Although the second save was from a corner resulting from the first save….

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Thought Sanchez had a good game, and made a couple of nice saves, but I thought Pope had another excellent game on Sunday for Newcastle.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
An entire team made out of ‘big 4’ players :lolol: Does this mug actually watch any games or just look at the scoresheets?

2AB128A0-F07D-42AF-9609-C11A57278A90.jpeg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
An entire team made out of ‘big 4’ players :lolol: Does this mug actually watch any games or just look at the scoresheets?

I was thinking the same. Even by his low standards, that's just f***ing lazy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I love Garth's ground-breaking 3-3-3-1 narrow formation. If only we had such a tactical juggernaut as our manager.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
He did, although Garth’s comments are a bit lightweight. I’m setting up a joke here is anyone wants a tap in?

His comments may be lightweight but he certainly isn't ! boom boom

Thanks for the assist , can we now run off to the corner flag celebrating or do we have to wait for the almost inevitable VAR review ? :lolol:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

Thanks for the assist , can we now run off to the corner flag celebrating or do we have to wait for the almost inevitable VAR review ? :lolol:

The VAR might take some time.
They first have to make sure it's in good taste
Then they have to draw a line
Then they have to check if the line will go round his waist:facepalm:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Apparently Kyle Walker should be ‘put in stocks’ for not squaring it to Haaland in the City Villa game…

Ok then Garth, it’s just a game. Strange comment.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

I think it needs a Pascal Gross celebration which is arm up looking mildly satisfied until VAR clears it and then a couple of formal handshakes. What do you think?

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Crooks gets away with murder with his idiotic and border line abusive comments reagarding players and teams. He was the quickest player I saw in the eighties but that is no excuse. Can't believe he said we have no stars in his piece this week. That's a great comment because this time next season I would think Caceido will be at manure or liverscum and he will be praising Caceido and that saying that he first noticed him when he was still in South America and saw a star in the making.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The game was live on the telly, he might have watched a bit of it.

If he'd actually watched the game, you'd think he would have mentioned the disallowed goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports