Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Furlough Advice Required.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What you say is exactly what my current employer stated, actually it made me feel a bit awkward. Strangely when I spoke to my old boss he asked me if I wanted my old job back but they are also closed for the foreseeable.
My old payroll has agreed to claim my Furlough. It's been a long day trying to sort this mess out, hopefully with the assistance of my MP I'm sorted.

That is marvellous if your old employers have nominally taken you back ! go back and take whatever is offered, it's probably the 80 % furlough. that is much better than nothing or trying to fight for Universal Credit.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hi, I’ve checked a few solicitors websites, and that is exactly correct. The key was being employed on the 28th (not 29th) February.

It then relies on the goodwill (at zero cost to them) of the former employer to rehire.

Good luck.

28th February this year is the only day I've not been employed since 2004 so it's worked out really well for me! :( Fortunately my company are sounding fairly reasonable at the moment.

A lot of people are up in arms about it though and hopefully it will change.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
This is true and it isn't just the additional admin burden. The former employee would have to pay you - and then claim the money back from the government retrospectively. Hopefully thay have both the appetite and the funds to do this. As I undertsand it, this is a potential solution but there is no complusion for them to do this.

Good luck.

the employee, having left, if taken back into the furlough agreement would the continue to accrue rights as if he hadn’t left. why would an ex employer agree to that?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
28th February this year is the only day I've not been employed since 2004 so it's worked out really well for me! :( Fortunately my company are sounding fairly reasonable at the moment.

A lot of people are up in arms about it though and hopefully it will change.

An issue arising, predictably, is that some incredibly devious employers such as Wren Kitchens (very profitable), are using the crisis to shed staff as part of a restructure they might’ve intended anyway. Immoral, as for now they could’ve kept all those staff on 80% pay, at zero cost to the company.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
the employee, having left, if taken back into the furlough agreement would the continue to accrue rights as if he hadn’t left. why would an ex employer agree to that?

My ex employer agreed because they can see it's the only way I can make a claim and because it's clearly a Government guideline.
I worked for them for four years and left on good terms, I think I would do the same as it's not costing them anything except goodwill.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
An issue arising, predictably, is that some incredibly devious employers such as Wren Kitchens (very profitable), are using the crisis to shed staff as part of a restructure they might’ve intended anyway. Immoral, as for now they could’ve kept all those staff on 80% pay, at zero cost to the company.

Which is exactly what that Brexit Cock that owns a large pub chain could have done but told his staff to take jobs in supermarkets, I really so hope they see the light those that did and don't go back to their old employer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What you say is exactly what my current employer stated, actually it made me feel a bit awkward. Strangely when I spoke to my old boss he asked me if I wanted my old job back but they are also closed for the foreseeable.
My old payroll has agreed to claim my Furlough. It's been a long day trying to sort this mess out, hopefully with the assistance of my MP I'm sorted.

Maybe you should consider taking your old job, they sound like a good very good employer ???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which is exactly what that Brexit Cock that owns a large pub chain could have done but told his staff to take jobs in supermarkets, I really so hope they see the light those that did and don't go back to their old employer.

Sadly, I see that pub chain continuing to thrive. It’s adored by middle and old age problem drinkers, and the tight-fisted who get a boner from a dirt cheap pint in soulless surroundings.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
My ex employer agreed because they can see it's the only way I can make a claim and because it's clearly a Government guideline.
I worked for them for four years and left on good terms, I think I would do the same as it's not costing them anything except goodwill.

that’s good news. just goes to show for all concerned the importance of leaving on good terms.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Maybe you should consider taking your old job, they sound like a good very good employer ???

To be honest I had mixed feelings about leaving but the company has fallen on hard times and the cash flow has gone to pot. I thought it's best to get out while the going is good. Sad they have been trading for sixty plus years but the future in independent retailers isn't very bright.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here