Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Friendly v QPR

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Don't want to take away the original theme but Rodney Marsh is 79. What?
When Reinelt 62 mentioned seeing him in '66 I thought no way but he would have been in his prime having just joined QPR.
Getting old isn't nice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I've seen Rodney Marsh play at the Goldstone, but always thought it was this game. It was in a friendly I'm sure because he laid on all the skills he had and showed off to the crowd. So if it wasn't this game, when was it?
Rodney marsh
superstar
wears frilly knickers and a playtex bra

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
I've seen Rodney Marsh play at the Goldstone, but always thought it was this game. It was in a friendly I'm sure because he laid on all the skills he had and showed off to the crowd. So if it wasn't this game, when was it?
Joe Kinnear testimonial against Spurs 1-6

Jimmy Greaves played too

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Screenshot 2023-10-22 174303.png
2.png

With thanks to the splendid @Hiney who I hate with a passion because if I look at https://www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk/ at 7pm one evening you can be guaranteed it will be bedtime before I manage to wean myself off it.

QPR would have been relegated that season and it would be another 23 years before we faced them in any competitive match.

Last edited:

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
Gospel truth, his name cropped up only yesterday in the pub talking about a Palace match.

….doo do doo do doo do doo do🎶….
Actually, that doesn't surprise me 😆

Was the 2-2 cup game,he came off the bench and scored the equaliser

kojak

Jan 17, 2022
As it was a testimonial (friendly), he could’ve guested as he was playing in the US by then.

I see @kojak came out with the answer, but in the same season so guesting.
Joe Kinnear testimonial against Spurs 1-6

Jimmy Greaves played too
I was stood right by the tunnel and I can still remember Marsh and Greaves walking out
Venables and Dave Mackay also played for us that night

kojak

Jan 17, 2022

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Greetings

I have a vague recollection of watching Brighton play QPR in a pre-season friendly around 1976 at the Goldstone. Possibly finished 1-1

Does anyone remember this? QPR were huge back then and it's one of the few clubs i've never seen (or have I?)

Ta muchly
I remember a pre season against QPR possibly 86 and it kicking off in the park.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It’s always sad to see the name of Dave Clement, really gifted QPR right back who should have got more than his 5 England caps. He broke his leg in his early 30s and was told his career was over. He’d suffered from depression and couldn’t take the news. He killed himself by drinking weed killer. His two sons, Neil and Paul, both had successful careers in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here