Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Fridat afternoon/evening scorchio drinking thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
All about the cold. A couple of raspberry vodkas with tonic and lots of ice and now drinking a very cold and utterly average bottle of Rose.

In my experience Rose does not travel well from the south of France to the UK, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a rose in England, even when I brought it back myself :shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In my experience Rose does not travel well from the south of France to the UK, can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a rose in England, even when I brought it back myself :shrug:

We’ve been drinking huge amounts of Rose spritzers of late. It makes some of the harsher ones very palatable of a hot summer evening

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Was enjoying a nice large class of Rioja in the garden, popped in for a wee returned to said drink and four midgy flies doing the backstroke in it, ruined whole evening, was my last glass

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Beaver town neck oil for me... Not sure I like the association with spurs though...anyone recommend an alternatives

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's not normally the weather for it here :lolol:

There are some good French and English ones available at Quaff, but that's not what I've unleashed on my hot and not very fussy palate tonight.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Beaver town neck oil for me... Not sure I like the association with spurs though...anyone recommend an alternatives

Neck Oil is lovely. Fair play to Beavertown for getting that Spurs tie up but it's not put me off. Our work local near Baker St in London serves it and it's the best pint in there.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
7 bottles of luke warm Newcastle Brown Ale as a tribute to our visitors tomorrow...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was enjoying a nice large class of Rioja in the garden, popped in for a wee returned to said drink and four midgy flies doing the backstroke in it, ruined whole evening, was my last glass

Did they drink much of it then ?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's going to be hot for days, and my best man & his wife are coming to stay for a while. So, logically, my first act is to fill the fridge with lots of small beers. Mrs Bodian saw me doing so, and said something along the lines of 'we need some space in the fridge for food'. What?! Bonkers.

I've taken a few out since!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
We brought back a bottle of Maple Whisky from Canada.
Boy is this stuff is delicious.
Quiet night on the balcony watching that red moon come up over the sea, and the maple whisky is sliding down very very nicely thank you

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Feeling tropical - a 6.8% Project Seahorse by Pressure Drop, Coconut New England IPA.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here